Chaos Wars Thank Yous!

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Chaos Wars Thank Yous!

Postby Shino » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:47 pm

I cannot believe that there isn't a thank you thread up here yet. Get off facebook people. Sheesh.

Thank you to Plithut and Cryn for hosting the best Belegarth event that has ever been put on.
Thank you to Dopp for doing feast again. I love steak. Steak steak steak.
Also, thank you Dopp for being so awesome during your roast. It was so much fun.
Thank you Brute and Bishop for another awesome Gladiator Colosseum.
Thank you to all the Gladiators who gave their all to please the crowd. It's a hard decision on who get's into the final decision and we try to get a good sample of fighters from all corners of the country out of the ones who played the best.
Thank you Valas for Pub night again. What a treat. Also congratulations on your knighting.
Thank you Paksha for the years of running monster feast. I'm sure that it's a monster but it's awesome and we love you for it.
Thank you Aphex for spinning during the wizard night. Words cannot describe how cool it is to see something like that at a sword fighting event.
Thank you Juicer for not only being the MC at the Gong Show but hosting the Roast and main feast. You did a great job.
Thank you Forkbeard and Alexi for spearheading the Jugging practices and discussions. I cannot wait to see what the Belegarth Jugging league becomes.

I wanted to say here thanks to anyone who is or has ever been involved with the nightlife activities in anyway. Creating the fun and diverse nightlife experience is what I think makes Chaos Wars so special. I didn't get to say this at feast but it's the individuals who want to share their talents with our event that make each night something amazing to look forward to. The Dirty Words, Aphex, Huma and Lyric spinning fire and Lady Grey belling dancing are just a few of the examples of what our nightlife scene can boast about. Epic nightlife is huge draw for fighters and noncoms alike. It has been an absolute pleasure to work with this community. I hope that in the future our community continues to reach out to more performers and entertainers who would like to be apart of this loving, crazy, brutal party.

Also, congratulations to Catalyst on winning the Chaos Banner. You Earned it. Good fight.
Merciless Michael of God Squad
Gelfan Empire
Dragoon and Knight of Babylon
Shino
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Babylon
Unit: God Squad
Favorite Fighting Styles: Mantis

Re: Chaos Wars Thank Yous!

Postby Astrid » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:01 am

Yes Shino, I posted mine on Facebook already lol But here is my big THANK YOU again to everyone who didn't read it on Facebook and made it to Chaos! Thank you to all the new people I met even if you do not remember me. Nightlife was awesome, daytime activities were great, and the fighting was spectacular from what I heard (since I wasn't on the field). There is so much to be thankful for and so many people to thank as well but there is no possible way I could name all of you. Most of you know who you are and should feel pretty * proud of Chaos XVI!

Also thank you everyone who came and got Massages from me! I hope you all felt better for it! Sorry to those I could not get to because I got B.C.'s stupid illness and couldn't continue.

All in all amazing and sensational event this year! :)
Astrid

If you have a point, please feel free to come to it.

"I'm sorry but all questions must be submitted in writing"
Astrid
Warrior
Warrior

Started Fighting: 02 Jun 2003
Realm: Ebonhold
Unit: sadly none

Postby Remdawg Killionaire » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:03 pm

Thank you, Shino, for fulfilling a personal fantasy of mine I've had for years. :eyes:
Bishop wrote:Overall I believe the article was positive for our image, loosely defining us as a sadomasochist anti-larp. I'm ok with that. http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/LARP-harder

Caleidah wrote:But, his sensei passed that style down to him! Literal hours of tradition!
Remdawg Killionaire
Forum Gordon Ramsay

Started Fighting: 20 Apr 2006
Realm: Pyke and O.G. Babylonian
Unit: Catalyst
Favorite Fighting Styles: Acerbic wit and sassy one-liners

Postby Sir Anastasia » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:29 pm

This was one of the best Chaos wars that I have ever attended. Thanks to all who put it on and worked hard for us to enjoy it. Thank you community for the cleanest fights that I have ever been in. Everyone did a great job.
Cofounder and Marshal of Andúril
Cofounder Battle for the Ring
Order of the Shining Tower
Order of the Western Flame

See you at Battle for the Ring in January www.battleforthering.com
Sir Anastasia
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Aug 2001
Realm: Marshal of Anduril
Unit: Wardens
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board, Extreme Taunting

Postby Krow » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Thank you Plithut and Cryn for an awesome Chaos Wars. I didn't see Plithut much, but he was always running around, presumably working to make Chaos run smoothly. Thank you Cryn for unofficially taking on head troll when no one else was willing to step up to do the job. You helped me a lot when I was working troll and trying not to freak out when I didn't know what to do. Agreeing with Ana, the fighting was really awesome and clean this year. I'd like to thank all the heralds on the field who helped make that happen. It's always nice to see proactive heralds stamping out rhino-hiders. Thanks to Huma who organized garbage duty, was at troll every morning at 10am and screaming faux-angry into the mic for volunteers. Speaking of which, thanks to all the volunteers who helped make this awesome event run smoothly. Juicer, the Gong Show was a great idea. I'd like to thank Juicer for doing an amazing job as an MC, he showed a talent to entertain crowds of all ages, a flexibility to cater to audiences from boisterous children to raunchier members of the Bel community. Thank you all the weapon checkers who had to wake up at ungodly hours in the morning to systematically check countless foam weapons. Especially thanks to Xooyan for taking time aside to teach me about arrow checking.

Thanks to all the people who held lessons during the week. I attended a few and they were great! I learned a lot! Thanks to all the people who helped make the feasts happen, not sure who you are. According to Shino's post, the spearheaders are Paksha and Dopp. The feasts were really dope so thank you.

These are just a few of the many people I got to see upfront working hard for this event, and I know there are countless more people who were running Chaos behind the scenes. Thank you all for working so hard to make an amazing event!
kaw
Krow
Recruit
Recruit

Realm: Anduril

Postby Valas Hune » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:09 pm

Shino wrote:I cannot believe that there isn't a thank you thread up here yet. Get off facebook people. Sheesh.

Good call Shino.

I would like to thank all of the event coordinators and assistants. This was a very fun CW for me. It is because of your hard work we all can come and have fun. Thank you again.
Thanks to quiet camp for being good neighbors and welcoming of an Uruk in your midst. It was good to talk and become closer to more of you.
Thanks to Xooyan and Orion for Viv's new clothes - she loves them.
Thanks to everyone for my surprise knighting. I am very honored and humbled by the gift you have all bestowed on me.
Thanks to my realm and the Uruk-hai. You guys kick *, and can keep a good secret. ;)
Thanks to Anvil for the cooking. I think this was the first CW I actually put on weight.
Thanks to everyone for a clean and fun event.
Thanks to Coop for not being a little more * - sorry buddy I was seeing red.
Thanks to GS for another very fun glad pits.
Paksha thanks as always for another good monster feast.
Thanks to House Valkeries for allowing me to teach some spear tactics. I am honored to be a part of that.
Thanks to Pangia for being my partner in the Valkeries class.
Thanks to all of our musically inclined friends. Entertainment is always a bonus.
Thanks to Belegarth as a whole and everyone who participates. Like most of us we all dreamed of being the warrior fighting the dragon or unending hordes of pinkies. You, the community, has made that a tangible sport/game/thing, and for that I thank you.
Uruk Nation WAAGH!!!!
I have a rendezvous with death
The Baby Maker
Realm of Stygia
Chieftain of Stygia in the Western Uruk-Hai
Member of the White Skull
Founder of Valas' pub - Putting the orc in horc since Chaos wars 9
VB proud
Valas Hune
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Juniper Wynd » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:38 pm

I'm gonna do this in a pros and cons style....

Pros of Chaos:
Freaking everything. This was seriously the best Chaos ever.
Awesome fighting
Awesome people
Awesome site
Camp decorations were great
People going all out for the theme
Surprise knighting of Valas was highly entertaining

Cons of Chaos:
The Gong Show....its a con because I really didn't think it would be as hilarious as it was. I almost peed myself.
8 days long....still doesn't feel long enough to hang out with you lovely people
the facial hair contest....I really feel my Hogan-stache was prize worthy

All in all I had a fantastic time and I am so jazzed for next year already. The people that make up Chaos Wars, from the event coordinators to the attendants, you guys are the best group of people I have ever met in my life and I am privileged to know you.
For the Herd!

Orc Wench
Council Member of Stygia
Priestess of the Western Uruk-Hai
Wife of the Potty Ninja
Wicked Wench of the West
Juniper Wynd
Scout
Scout

Started Fighting: 01 Aug 2000
Realm: Realm of Stygia
Unit: Western Uruk-Hai

Postby Huma » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:19 pm

Thankyou everyone who made this happen! I'd give a breakdown but than I'd be here forever. seriously hearts to all of you!
Runner of Western Wars
Member of the Order of the Raised Goblet
Check PLUS!
Huma
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 8-2002

Postby Shino » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:29 pm

Juniper Wynd wrote:the facial hair contest....I really feel my Hogan-stache was prize worthy

I went from thinking that people would have forgotten about the best facial hair contest to laughing till I cried when all of the lady staches were in front of the stage. We will have a lady stache prize next year!
Merciless Michael of God Squad
Gelfan Empire
Dragoon and Knight of Babylon
Shino
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Favorite Fighting Styles: Mantis

Postby Ignatius » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:24 pm

Shino wrote:
Juniper Wynd wrote:the facial hair contest....I really feel my Hogan-stache was prize worthy

I went from thinking that people would have forgotten about the best facial hair contest to laughing till I cried when all of the lady staches were in front of the stage. We will have a lady stache prize next year!

The prize should be a merkin.
Ignatius
Warrior
Warrior

Started Fighting: 25 Feb 2008

Postby Remdawg Killionaire » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:27 pm

Merkin for sure.
Bishop wrote:Overall I believe the article was positive for our image, loosely defining us as a sadomasochist anti-larp. I'm ok with that. http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/LARP-harder

Caleidah wrote:But, his sensei passed that style down to him! Literal hours of tradition!
Remdawg Killionaire
Forum Gordon Ramsay

Postby Bodmin » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:23 am

Indeed, had a wicked time, cannot wait to head west next year.
Bodmin
Berserker
Berserker

Unit: Hell Hammer

Postby Juniper Wynd » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:27 pm

Ignatius wrote:
Shino wrote:

The prize should be a merkin.

Oh hell no....just no....lol
For the Herd!

Orc Wench
Council Member of Stygia
Priestess of the Western Uruk-Hai
Wife of the Potty Ninja
Wicked Wench of the West
Juniper Wynd
Scout
Scout

Started Fighting: 01 Aug 2000
Realm: Realm of Stygia
Unit: Western Uruk-Hai

Postby Remdawg Killionaire » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:07 pm

Arab Strap then?

Remdawg Killionaire
Forum Gordon Ramsay

Return to Chaos Wars Archive