Chaos Wars XVII Assassins Tournament

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Chaos Wars XVII Assassins Tournament

Postby Sleuth » Tue May 21, 2013 12:48 am

-Chaos Wars XVII -
Assassins Tournament Rules

This year’s tournament is all about being anonymous, ‘Faceless’ if you will. There will be no meeting to discuss the tournament. The only way you will discover other players is through your own skill as an assassin. If you wish to partake, you will find me individually at the event or send a private message so I can start a list and get a sense of how many marks and assassins there will be. You will be given one mark at a time and they will be your primary target to start each round (more will be provided as they are finished off). However, if you happen to catch another assassin or mark, dispatch of them at will....

Safety
- All Belegarth combat codes apply in physical confrontation with weapons.
- If you wish to partake in a scheduled field battle, tournament, or activity (including washers/gladiator pits/slave auction etc.) you are safe from assassinations as long as you remain within the grounds of the activity. Step away for the bathroom etc., you are fair game.
- Use common sense (i.e. do not fire a projectile into camps/safe zones/or groups of non-combatants)
- NO ASSASINATIONS:
o Within 10 ft of campfires, tents, and structures
o On bridges or in the river

- All life is equal: 1 Kill, be it mark or assassin = 1 Point. It does not matter how many times you kill or have been killed. Marks and assassins will each be given a token marking their life. If you kill someone, take their token and turn it in to me. No token means you are dead and cannot kill anyone so don’t lose it.
- A single “style” point may be awarded per round (1 in the day/ 1 at night). This is if you want to do something VERY creative/in-character, leave no witnesses or for being extra stealthy (essentially acting very assassin-y). Please get your special in-character kills okayed with me first. Use this chance wisely as it is the ONLY way to get an extra point and it’s only offered once per round.
- There will be no player stipulations other than those requested for safety or due to personal injury. Again, there will be no extra points awarded for stipulations. Please respect them.

Methods
- Poisoning
o The only method valid in all zones. If within a structure or shop, seek permission from the owner before you taint their goods.
o Poison is good for 1 target at a time, so no mass poisonings (i.e. feast/pub/water coolers).
o Make sure your mark knows they have been poisoned, don’t just leave it otherwise you cannot confirm the kill and collect their token.
- Weapon of choice - must pass standard event weapon check.
- Brute - Don’t have a weapon or poison on you? Feel free to improvise - i.e. drawing hand from shoulder to shoulder symbolizing a broken neck (Again, use common sense; don’t grab someone in a way that may cause them actual injury).

Life tokens will be dispatched by me at the beginning of the event. If I am not at troll you will find me around Uruk-hai camp. Tokens of the dead may be picked up again at Troll at the start of each round for renewed life. This is meant to be a game of skill, and honor (well, some...) so please respect the rules, fellow players, and all event-goers. There will be a main prize for first place, also prizes for second and third place.

:axes: Happy Hunting :axes:
Sleuth the Ruthless!
aka
The Black Weasel, Spymaster, Head of the Neighborhood Watch
Member of Stygia
House Valkyries
Sleuth
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 10 Oct 2010
Realm: Stygia
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, Florentine

Re: Chaos Wars XVII Assassins Tournament

Postby Shino » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:31 am

Thanks for posting this.

Top notch. I'm glad you're on it and the rules are more transparent this year.

Is there a prize for most style?
Merciless Michael of God Squad
Gelfan Empire
Dragoon and Knight of Babylon
Shino
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Babylon
Unit: God Squad
Favorite Fighting Styles: Mantis

Re: Chaos Wars XVII Assassins Tournament

Postby Sleuth » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:29 pm

Just the prizes for the top three assassins Im afraid.
Sleuth the Ruthless!
aka
The Black Weasel, Spymaster, Head of the Neighborhood Watch
Member of Stygia
House Valkyries
Sleuth
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 10 Oct 2010
Realm: Stygia
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, Florentine

Return to Chaos Wars Archive