Ahem...

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Ahem...

Postby Cheeseheart » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:27 am

These will be some of my official/unofficial policies. Keep in mind none of these apply to archery equipment. Raziel can run his show how he likes.

During official weapons check, you will never not find me on the field.

Don't bring your weapons after weapons check closes (10am). All you've got to do is get out of your drunken slumber for five minutes to drop your weapons off at the field. That, or make sure your newbs and recruits are up early enough to carry your weapons to the field for you. Make them work. Our lovely weapons checkers want to be able to go off and have their own fun, too, so be considerate of the time they volunteer, getting beaten with your sometimes failing foam sticks. If you want your weapons to be checked later on in the day, I'll do so for ten minutes at the very beginning of lunch. I will not check your weapons unless you bring me a back of someone who does not own and will not be using any of those weapons. On your honor. After that, Don't know what to tell ya, I'll be on lunch.

I'll be on the field early (~8am), and I have no issues at all checking your weapons early. If you want your stuff ready before the first battles of the day are called, feel free to drop your weapons off. Be mindful though, I am but one person. Bringing a back to test stuff on may expedite the process.

It is not the responsibility of myself or anyone else at weapons check to mark your weapons for classification. We MAY have some green tape lying around somewhere, but dude, c'mon. You spend weeks preparing for Chaos Wars and you forget four inches of green tape? You disgust me. No weapons not labeled for stabbing will be checked for stabbing, but that's nothing new. I just don't want you hassling anyone on weapons check for green tape. They are busy enough as it is, and can't be wasting time catering to petty, YOU PROBLEM, issues.

If you're not a volunteer for weapons check, get out of the way of weapons checking activities. Pacing around, breathing down our necks for your weapons to get checked doesn't help your cause. Give us our space, we need it. We need it to swing safely and properly, we need it to organize weapons, etc. I'm thinking of bribing people signed up for City Guard to be bouncers :P

That's all I have for now. More announcements to come. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to voice them here or in a message.
Sir Cheeseheart the Defiant
Founder of the Sith Empire
2nd Knight of the Western Flame

"I'll take character over reputation..."
Sith Happens
See you at Battle for the Ring XI: Journey to Hyrule
Cheeseheart
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 15 Oct 2008
Realm: Korriban
Unit: First Order of the Sith Empire
Favorite Fighting Styles: Using the Dark Side

Re: Ahem...

Postby Bhakdar » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:16 pm

As understandable as the intents behind the stated policies are to encourage others to take responsibility, I have some concerns if the above is implemented rigidly.

I guarantee there will be new folks at CW who've never marked their weapons for classification before and will need some green tape. So I'd advise weapons check to have SOME and use it with discretion.

I also have always struggled with weapon checkers refusing to check after AM due to the fact that someone arriving to the event in the afternoon would be unable to have their weapons checked to fight that day. It just so seems appropriate to have a few marshals on hand each day that will not be offended to check weapons on an as-needed throughout the day basis.
cat·a·lyst /ˈkætlɪst/ –noun
1. a person or thing that precipitates an event or change
2. a person whose talk, enthusiasm, or energy causes others to be more friendly, enthusiastic, or energetic.
Bhakdar
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 15 Apr 2001
Realm: Babylon
Unit: Catalyst
Favorite Fighting Styles: Florentine, Sword/Board, Single

Re: Ahem...

Postby Sir Anastasia » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:26 pm

He did say he would check at noon too. I'm sure other people will be willing to help with checking during the day (including me), but unless people are just arriving, they should try to get their gear to check so as to be respectful to the volunteers. No one holds it against you if you have just arrived, but you should roll out of bed to get to check.

EDIT: Someone should budget for some tape though (NOT IT!).
Cofounder and Marshal of Andúril
Cofounder Battle for the Ring
Order of the Shining Tower
Order of the Western Flame

See you at Battle for the Ring in January www.battleforthering.com
Sir Anastasia
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Aug 2001
Realm: Marshal of Anduril
Unit: Wardens
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board, Extreme Taunting