I am happy to announce the creation of a Belegarth Scholarship program.
Why a Belegarth Scholarship Program?
Many years ago while a student I was fortunate to receive a few scholarships and unexpected assistance during my education. As I have continued success in my post-education employment I want to give back and provide similar assistance to what I received.
One of the important reasons for this award is to promote education. Funds are raised to support educational endeavors of individuals entering any field or furthering their education related activities.
Type of Scholarship and Amount Awarded
The Scholarship Committee decides how many and the value of the scholarship(s) offered and their selection criteria.
Each year, there will be at least 1 scholarship awarded to Belegarth membership. (Long term, if funds permit, we would create 3 scholarships based on geographic regions & realms – east, central, & west)
Raising Scholarship Funds
Currently the funding for the scholarship is provided thru weapon and material sales by Barley and from a donation by Forged Foam. Donations are welcome, please contact Barley to donate.
The purpose for this scholarship is to provide financial assistance for education to individuals who actively participate in the Belegarth sport.
The scholarship will be awarded to a student pursuing any certificate/degree at an accredited technical college, engineering college or university. Adult continuing education may also qualify, but the applicant should contact the approval committee to ensure that the education qualifies.
All applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements.
1. Applicant must be a minimum of eighteen years of age.
2. Applicant must be at least a high school graduate, have a GED or working toward a GED.
3. Applicant must have maintained a minimum grade point of 2.0 (for graded coursework)
4. No financial need is required to qualify
5. Applicant must submit all required application information.
6. Applicant must be a citizen (decide country of citizenship, i.e. USA, Canada, or other).
7. Applicant must show an emphasis on attendance and volunteerism with in the Belegarth community and events.
8. Applicants may reapply; however, persons who have received this award may reapply and may be granted the award for a maximum of two years.
9. Petitioners may apply, but priority will be given to full members.
All applications are equal. The committee does not discriminate by (including but not limited to) rank, age, race, color, national origin, disability, creed, sexual oreintation, or gender.
The Belegarth Board of Directors will determine award recipient(s) and they will be announced at Numenor Opener each year.
One award will be given annually. More may be available depending on the success of weapon technology sales. More may be added as sales warrant up until the Jan 1 application submission deadline.
Awards will be paid to the recipient at the completion of the course work.
For students who have grades issued, a grade point average of a “B” will be required in the semester that the award was given. Grades must be submitted for reimbursement to occur. For coursework that does not include a graded result, the Scholarship Committee will contact the presenter of the course to confirm the individual’s attendance and participation.
In the unlikely event, the committee decides that not all scholarships will be awarded for this year, the Scholarship Committee will decide how to best manage the funds.
Application Procedure Information
Applicant must submit the following:
1. Application form (to be attached later)
2. Two letters of reference (one academic related, one Belegarth related)
3. A Personal Statement that should include
• Reasons for participation in Belegarth
• Demonstrated responsibility on own initiative
• Examples of volunteerism within the Belegarth community
• Participation in class, campus and outside organizations
• Participation in Belegarth activities and events
• Any contribution to Belegarth technology
• General background information
• Career objectives
4. Verification of Enrollment for the school year. If the course enrollment is not available at the time of application, it must be submitted prior to reimbursement.
Please note: Recipients agree to the release of their name and photo for publicity purposes.
Deadline for application is January 1 of the calendar year.
For More Information please contact:
115 Potomac Pl
Oregon, WI 53575 DRomanin@Live.com