Looking to commission some chainmail

Get some new stuff or unload your old stuff.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Looking to commission some chainmail

Postby Enderonimus » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:16 pm

Hello everyone. I am seeking a sub-contractor to build a few pieces for me, mainly chainmail. I know how to chain, I've always enjoyed the pastime, but, in the interest of time and furthering the business, I need to sublet out some of my materials.
That being said, I need chainmail. Specifically, I need square feet patches of chainmail. I am going to be using these on some new revisions of designs, trying for a more versatile and professional look.
So, for any and all interested, I need 5, 1 foot square patches of 4 in 1 European weave chainmail. 16 gauge galvanized steel wire is fine, but if you only have 14 or 18 available, that will be fine as well. My only stipulation is that the ring diameter be legal, with 5/16 for the 16 ga and 1/4 for the 18ga. Butted is great, that is what I was planning on myself.
I will gladly pay $15 per square foot of chainmail in the galvy steel, if that sounds reasonable, more if anyone has any alternate metals to make from,ie: copper, brass, bronze, blackened steel!
Thanks everyone and I am really pushing hard to get all the catalog finished.

PS: I stopped by The Home Depot today, they have 200 ft 16 gauge galvy wire spools for $6.29, which should really get the right person far!
Thanks again!
Enderonimus
Brute
Brute

Started Fighting: 06 Jan 2005

Re: Looking to commission some chainmail

Postby Sir Cairbre » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:40 am

Sure I have no problem doing it. I also know how to acid etch galvanized steal so it turns black and won't oxidize.

Give me a call
-Sir Cairbre Madøg
Sir Cairbre
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Aug 1997
Realm: FightColumbus
Unit: Uruk-hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Round Shield and Short Sword.

Re: Looking to commission some chainmail

Postby Enderonimus » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:48 am

Sure will! If nothing else I need to touch base with you on the Uruks
Thanks!
Enderonimus
Brute
Brute

Started Fighting: 06 Jan 2005

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade