Bones

Get some new stuff or unload your old stuff.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Bones

Postby Bronwyn Trea » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:00 pm

Okay so have I have chance to buy some human bones (legally) and was wondering if there would be any interest in them at the next Chaos wars? The chance to have a piece of a real pinky could be a great addition to the garb of some of you monsters out there. The real question comes down to what would people be willing to pay for something like this. I have some possible lower jaws, ribs. knee cap, vertebrae, arm, leg and finger bones. I have found a good price for human bones, but they still cost more then an animals. So please feel free to ask questions and respond. If there is no interest then I wont bother buying any of the bones

Bronwyn Trea
Scout
Scout

Realm: De-Treba Mora
Unit: Reavers
Favorite Fighting Styles: Smile sweetly then pierce the mans heart... Oh you mean for Belegarth. LoL. I like flail and board.

Re: Bones

Postby Lykos » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:25 pm

amazazing
VETO
Lykos
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 10 Sep 2008
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword N Board.
Gorilla-Corn

Postby Relg » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:17 am

I am curious as to how you can purchase these legally...
Warthog wrote:Good game! I play sports!
Relg
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 04 Oct 2008
Realm: Rhovanion
Favorite Fighting Styles: Axe and Board, Red

Postby Mekoot Rowan » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:19 am

Medical Education supplies.
Murder Tundra Horde
Spike wrote:This is the funniest thing I've ever read on these boards and the rest of you are bad at things generally, too.

Tiberius Claudius wrote:I don't get cosplay. It's like a weekend-long Halloween in a hotel where everyone gets the herp, but there's no candy.
Mekoot Rowan
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 15 Oct 2001
Realm: Frozen North
Unit: Murder Tundra Horde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Southern Praying Mantis

Postby Derian » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:06 am

Relg wrote:I am curious as to how you can purchase these legally...

There's no federal ban on the sale, purchase or possesion of human bones.

A few states have it, and some countries ban the export of human remains, but it's not illegal. You don't even have to cover it up with 'medical education' excuses.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Postby Dabbanoth » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:12 pm

ballpark some prices for various things?
God Squad
Bill Collector.
Expose-A-Fraud Squad.
Dabbanoth
The Smoking Gun

Started Fighting: 09 Aug 2057
Realm: Rugged
Unit: Divine Guardian of the Laser Kingdom
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bic.

Postby Aslaug » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:52 pm

I saw that jaw bone and immediately thought of Apocalypto

When God gives you lemons, you FIND A NEW GOD!
Aslaug
Scout
Scout

Realm: Tir na nOg
Unit: Barbarian Nation
Favorite Fighting Styles: Anything big and heavy.

Postby Bronwyn Trea » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:09 pm

each bone is a little different, but on average a knee cap is around $35, rib $15, jaw $75-$200 (depending on the specimen), vertebrae $30.... this is an estimate I might be able to get them a little cheaper, but this is already cheap for human bones.... short of collecting them yourself. :axed:
Bronwyn Trea
Scout
Scout

Favorite Fighting Styles: Smile sweetly then pierce the mans heart... Oh you mean for Belegarth. LoL. I like flail and board.

Postby Atiliano » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:22 am

Jaw Gapping

omg thats cool

hey wait a min, hey u bring back my jaw you lil theif

putting it back on

much better

thats really cool though
Atiliano
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 0- 1-2008
Realm: Lands of Ameth
Unit: Templar Draconis Kestevara
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board

Postby Mekoot Rowan » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:30 am

Derian wrote: You don't even have to cover it up with 'medical education' excuses.

I'm just saying that it appears that this is usually how or why these things are sold. In my research (I looked around for a skull a couple of years ago) they can be a bit spendy and replicas are by far a more economical option.
Murder Tundra Horde
Spike wrote:This is the funniest thing I've ever read on these boards and the rest of you are bad at things generally, too.

Tiberius Claudius wrote:I don't get cosplay. It's like a weekend-long Halloween in a hotel where everyone gets the herp, but there's no candy.
Mekoot Rowan
Hero
Hero

Postby SheHulk » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:34 am

http://www.ask.com/bar?q=is+it+illegal+ ... 17479.html

sorry that's so long. but i found an article about some guy selling bones online. federal law states that it IS ILLEGAL TO SELL NATIVE AMERICAN BONES whose to say these bones are native american... whose to say your bones are native american or not. and whose to say this guy is lieing about them being from China... its illegal to sell human bones in the United States. it's discusting and shamefull to befawel someones remains like that. if that person donated there body/bones to sciences (hospital/university) you CAN NOT get those bones.
have fun in jail.
Creampuff Puff Pass

If You Don't Try You Wont Learn
SheHulk
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 17 Jan 2009
Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: takin my year to look
Favorite Fighting Styles: Florentine

Postby Derian » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:43 am

What the ****. You should probably learn to read before coming and spouting that someone is breaking federal law and going to jail.

Moral and ethical qualms aside, you're completely and wholly wrong here.

Federal Law says it's illegal to sell, purchase or use human remains of a Native American for profit.

Human remains from any other source are not banned under federal law.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Postby Lykos » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:46 am

For sure girl... and maybe some people like the thought of wearing human bones... i sure as hell think its **** cool... just cuz you think its not right doesnt mean it bothers every one else...
VETO
Lykos
Monkey
Monkey

Gorilla-Corn

Postby SheHulk » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:51 am

and selling them is a no no after you get them. do the research.

and that whole medical thing... you'd have to get a permit to get them... which is not an easy thing... you'd really want to be on a high position in a university or hospital.
still its the most discusting thing i've ever heard of... especially to use them with your garb.
Lykos wrote:For sure girl... and maybe some people like the thought of wearing human bones... i sure as hell think its **** cool... just cuz you think its not right doesnt mean it bothers every one else...

think about it... if you use the bones with your garb... what happens when you get hit. they will brake. after the bones have been cleaned, they become brittle. your money goes to waste.
Creampuff Puff Pass

If You Don't Try You Wont Learn
SheHulk
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 17 Jan 2009
Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: takin my year to look
Favorite Fighting Styles: Florentine

Postby Derian » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:54 am

So uh, where are you getting your information that it's illegal under federal law to sell human remains of a non Native American origin?

I can provide sources: http://frwebgate1.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bi ... n=retrieve

US Code wrote:Sec. 1170. Illegal trafficking in Native American human remains
and cultural items

(a) Whoever knowingly sells, purchases, uses for profit, or
transports for sale or profit, the human remains of a Native American
without the right of possession to those remains as provided in the
Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act shall be fined in
accordance with this title, or imprisoned not more than 12 months, or
both, and in the case of a second or subsequent violation, be fined in
accordance with this title, or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or
both.
- Derian -

Derian
Become One With the Wind

Postby Mekoot Rowan » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:32 pm

If Lou Diamond Phillips were here he'd skin you all alive.
Murder Tundra Horde

Mekoot Rowan
Hero
Hero

Postby Bronwyn Trea » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:55 pm

The place I buy my bones from is in the united states and they sell most human bones for medical reasons.... but they also sell to people for jewelry or any other possible reason you could want them. Some states wont let you have them, but as far as I can find Idaho is not one of them. I personally think that after I die having some one put good use to my bones or organs would be great! I do prefer to wear animal bones myself, but if someone donates there bones to this place (and they have been informed of the possibility of being jewelry) why is it wrong to buy them? I'm sorry that my post offended you so much, but I still think people might like to have a finger bone.... it's been done since the beginning of time so why not?

Aren't human bones illegal?

It is perfectly legal possess and to sell Human Bones in the United States. One of the main sources of confusion on this issue is that prior to 1987, the majority of human bones for sale here and in other countries were prepared in India. In 1987, India stopped its exportation of human bones. Many US news sources phrased it as a ban on the sale of human bones rather than as a ban on exportation from one particular country with no effect on United States laws.

In recent years, China has become the main supplier of human bones to the United States. However, a large number of Indian bones still remain in the United States and may be freely sold.

A secondary source of confusion are the myriad of laws relating to archaeological resources. Certain material, such as those from Native Americans covered under the Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (http://www.cr.nps.gov/nagpra/MANDATES/2 ... 1etseq.htm), are illegal to buy or sell and in some cases possess. However,these laws do not apply to most modern human bones from non-Native populations.

In short, there is no law at the U.S. Federal level prohibiting you from having a human bone in your possession. The fact that some people believe there is or believe there should be such a law is irrelevant.

This is not to say that such laws do not exist in other countries, or at the local level. For example, there is the exception of the states Georgia & Tennesee that both have independent State Laws prohibiting the import or export of human remains across their state lines.

We work within the framework of U.S. Federal, California State, and International Treaty Law. Within these jurisdictions, there are no prohibitions on the sale or possession of human bones.
Bronwyn Trea
Scout
Scout

Postby Aslaug » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:19 pm

Bronwyn Trea wrote:All that legal stuff.

Bam.

Anyhoo, can you get any bones, or is it just the few you mentioned?
When God gives you lemons, you FIND A NEW GOD!
Aslaug
Scout
Scout

Realm: Tir na nOg
Unit: Barbarian Nation
Favorite Fighting Styles: Anything big and heavy.

Postby Bronwyn Trea » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:18 pm

Here is a list of what I can get. Just remember that some of this can get VERY pricey. I should be able to get casts also for a much lower price. If something interests you throw me a note and I will give you all the info I can.

Arm (Articulated)
Includes articulated hand, radius, ulna, humerus, clavicle, and scapula. Matched set.

Arm (Articulated), w/o hand
Articulated arm without hand. Includes radius, ulna, humerus, clavicle, and scapula. Matched set.

Calcaneous
Largest of the tarsals, this bone forms the heel of the foot and articulates with the tibia.

Carpal (single)
Small bones of the wrist. Many of these have small holes from prior articulation.

Clavicle
The "collar bone", articulates with the sternum and scapula.

Femur
Largest bone of the human body, found in the thigh. Please note that we generally have a waiting list for Femurs.

Fibula
The long slender bone of the lower leg.

Foot (Articulated)
Complete human foot articulated on either nylon or wire.

Hand (Articulated)
Complete human hand articulated on either nylon or wire. Please note that we generally have a waiting list for articulated hands.

Humerus
The bone of the upper arm.

Hyoid
A strange little bone best known as the "adam's apple". Variable degrees of fusion - may come in either one, two, or three parts.

Inominate (single)
One half of the pelvis. Please note that this is for one inominate. A full pelvis consists of two inominates and the sacrum.

Lower Leg (articulated)
Includes articulated foot, tibia, fibula, and patella. Matched set.

Mandible
Please see Human Skull Partials for mandibles.

Finger or Toe Tips (single)
Individual finger and toe tips, or distal phalages. Sizes vary, most have small holes from being previously articulated. Please note that these are single bones, not entire fingers. A complete finger consists of one metacarpal and three phalanges (except for thumb with only two phalanges).

Metatarsal or Phalange (single)
Individual toe and foot bones. Sizes vary, most have small holes from being previously articulated. Please note that these are single bones, not entire toes. A complete toe consists of one metacarpal and three phalanges. Generally larger, shorter, and rounder in cross-section than the bones found in the hand.

Patella
Knee cap.

Pelvis (disarticulated)
Includes matched set of left and right inominate, plus sacrum. Most do not include coccyx.

Radius
One of the two bones found in the lower arm.

Radius / Ulna (matched set)
A matched set or the radius and ulna from the same arm of a single individual.

Rib Half Set (12)
Matched set of twelve ribs from the same side of a single individual. Disarticulated.

Rib (single)
A single rib.

Sacrum
The bone found between the two inominates, connects the pelvis to the vertebral column.

Coccyx
The very tip of the sacrum, which is sometimes fused to the distal end, but usually separate.

Scapula
Shoulder blade. Because this is a very delicate bone, some have hairline cracks in the thin portion of the blade.

Sternum
Found in the center of the chest, most of the ribs meet here. Variable degrees of fusion; may come in one, two, or three pieces.

Tibia
The large bone of the lower leg (the "shin bone").

Ulna
The larger of the two bones of the lower arm.

Vertebrae, single
Individual vertebrae, exclusive of the atlas and axis.

Vertebrae, complete set (24)
A complete set of all 24 vertebrae from a single individual. Disarticulated.

Vertebrae, complete set (24) w/sacrum
Complete set of vertebrae with matching sacrum.

Vertebrae, complete set (24) w/pelvis
Complete set of vertebrae with matching pelvis. Please call for availability.
Bronwyn Trea
Scout
Scout

Postby Lykos » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:41 am

**** b.a. .... it would be amazing to be able to win some fingers or teeth or some thing of that sort... cuz i'm a very poor spork
VETO
Lykos
Monkey
Monkey

Gorilla-Corn

Postby Vak » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:50 am

Aslaug wrote:I saw that jaw bone and immediately thought of Apocalypto

Now that would be some bad * garb. I wouldn't fight in it, but it would rock my sox to wear it around.
Knight of Morva, Sir Vak Hellhammer
Vak
Thug
Thug

Started Fighting: 0- 4-2006
Realm: Chicago Esgaroth
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, Red Sword

Postby Izec » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:07 pm

You mentioned castings, can you get any of small bones, like finger bones? They don't have to be that specifically, just something that size. I'd much rather have artificial bones rather than real ones. If you don't have that, do you have a resource for animal bones instead of human ones? Using actual human bones creeps me out and I don't think I could do it.

If you can't get them yourself, can you point me in the right direction to where I might be able to find some?
Izec
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 0-12-1993
Favorite Fighting Styles: S&B, Flo

Postby Solusar » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:14 pm

OMG can you get skin!? I know some people with tattooes donate their bodies for medicine, can I get some of that?
Squire Solusar Oma'Ragh McFeelgood, the Usurper
Squire to Sir Rune of Mittlemarch
I fight Dagorhir, but I'm still cool somehow.
Solusar
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 01 Sep 2001
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board, Red, Red +back shield,

Postby Derian » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:32 pm

That would be **** brutal.
- Derian -

Derian
Become One With the Wind

Postby Juicer » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:29 pm

I want to make a man-suit!
Zwei ap Owen wrote:Juicer sho' nuff loves tuh shuffle.

Juiceros, the Deceptron. Kwisatz Haderach Musketeer from the future
Go headbutt a bullet.
Juicer
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 10 Aug 2004
Realm: Babylon. Blood in blood out.
Unit: HH
Favorite Fighting Styles: Brass knucks

Postby Outhro Youkker » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:38 am

PUT THE LOTION ON THE SKIN!!!!!
"Gobo, what are you cooking?."
"Boot still with foot."
"That is disgusting!"
"Gobo know, me hate feet"
Outhro Youkker
Berserker
Berserker

Started Fighting: 0- 8-2007
Realm: Umbar
Favorite Fighting Styles: Ogre's Butter Knife

Postby Tails » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:49 am

how much for a Humerus?
"Favorite Fighting Styles: adsfdsfsdssdsdsd"
-Seanyviala-
Tails
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 22 Aug 2007
Realm: Morva
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Working the Pole
Pronouns: Drip / Drop

Postby Bronwyn Trea » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:01 am

You mentioned castings, can you get any of small bones, like finger bones? They don't have to be that specifically, just something that size. I'd much rather have artificial bones rather than real ones. If you don't have that, do you have a resource for animal bones instead of human ones? Using actual human bones creeps me out and I don't think I could do it.

I can get a cast of a hand that is not put together yet, but that costs $50. I can get just about any human bone also in cast form.
They also have a large collection of animal bones, which run cheaper then the human ones.

(these are what I believe the prices will be shipping may make them a little more or a little less).

Coyote Baculum
Canis latrans
Approximate Length 2.5".
$7.00

Raccoon Baculum
Procyon lotor
Approximate Length 4.0"
$8.00

River Otter Baculum
Canis latrans
Approximate Length 3.5".
$12

Cat Foot (Front Paw)
Approximately 2.5" total length.
$30

Cat Foot (Rear Paw)
Felis Catus
Approximately 3.75" total length.
$32

Cat Leg Bone
Felis Catus
Approximately 1.5" - 2.5" total length.
$7

Chicken Leg Bones
Gallus gallus
Approximately 3.0" - 3.5" "total length.
$3

Cat Ribs
Felis catus
Approximate Length 1.5"-2.0&quote;.
$2

Chicken Ribs
Gallus gallus
Approximate Length 1.5".
$1

Kingsnake Ribs
Lampropeltis sp.
Approximate Length 1.25".
$1.50

Python Ribs - Large
Python molurus bivittatus
Approximate Length 3.0".
$3

Cat Scapula
Felis Catus
Approximately 2.5" total length.
$7

Stingray 'Barb'
Dasyatidae family
Small - Approximate Length 2.0 ".
$15

Cat Vertebrae
Felis catus
Approximate Diameter 0.5".
$3

Chicken Vertebrae
Gallus gallus
Approximate Diameter 0.75".
$1.50

Python Vertebrae - Large
Python molurus bivittatus
Approximate Diameter 1" - 1.5" .
$6

Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake Vertebrae
Crotalus adamanteuss
Approximate Diameter 0.25" - 0.5".
$1

Beaver Skull
Castor canadensis
Approximately 6" total length.
$50

Cat (domestic) Skull
Felis catus
Approximately 3" total length.
$55

Fox (Grey) Skull
Urocyon cinereoargenteus
Approximately 4.5" total length.
$50

Mink Skull
Mustela vison
Approximately 3.0" total length.
$30

I can get more skulls, so if you have a request for one I will get you a price...

Alligator Teeth - Large
Alligator mississipiensis
$3

Beaver Incisors
Castor canadensis
$5

Goat Teeth - Drilled
Ovis aries
$1

Water Buffalo Teeth - Drilled
Bubalis bubalis
$5

Red-Ear Slider Shell
Trachemys scripta
5.0" - 6.0" total length. Common water turtle species. Our most affordable shells.
$30 (I do believe you can get this cheaper on ebay though... so I would suggest looking there before here).
Bronwyn Trea
Scout
Scout

Postby Bronwyn Trea » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:05 am

OMG can you get skin!? I know some people with tattooes donate their bodies for medicine, can I get some of that?

Sadly I can't find a place that sells it... I would be pretty sweet.

how much for a Humerus?

Humerus
$100
Bronwyn Trea
Scout
Scout

Postby Solusar » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:10 am

Are there any links you can give us to look at so you don't have 100 different people asking you for prices on everything.
Solusar
Hero
Hero

Postby Bronwyn Trea » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:14 am

No sorry
Bronwyn Trea
Scout
Scout

Postby Nish » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:14 pm

middleman!
**** the boards
~nish
Nish
Backstabber
Backstabber

Started Fighting: 0- 2-2008
Realm: Rhovanian
Favorite Fighting Styles: junk in the trunk

Postby Derian » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:10 pm

A quick Google search gave me this: http://www.boneroom.com/bone/humanbones.html
- Derian -

Derian
Become One With the Wind

Postby Solusar » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:36 pm

Thanks Derian.
Solusar
Hero
Hero

Postby Juicer » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:43 pm

25% mark-up, Bronwyn? Really?

Bronwyn Trea wrote:Humerus
$100

Definitely the website you were using to get this stuff wrote:Humerus
$80

I mean your average finder's fee is between .5%-5%, some going as high as 10%. It'd be different if your source was unobtainable, where only you could provide these to us.
Zwei ap Owen wrote:Juicer sho' nuff loves tuh shuffle.

Juiceros, the Deceptron. Kwisatz Haderach Musketeer from the future
Go headbutt a bullet.
Juicer
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 10 Aug 2004
Realm: Babylon. Blood in blood out.
Unit: HH
Favorite Fighting Styles: Brass knucks

Postby Bronwyn Trea » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:40 pm

It's $15 dollars shipping and handling.... so I make a profit of five bucks? I also know that the more you order the cheaper you can get it which is why I wrote that it may be more or less depending on shipping. Oh and if you read the sight rules the prices are not 100% set in stone. They do change a bit with each order. I have worked through them before and while they are great they can be a pain.
Bronwyn Trea
Scout
Scout

Postby Snowyrat » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:12 am

Anyway I could get wolf/dog rib composites?
Snowyrat
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 06 Jan 2009
Favorite Fighting Styles: don't have a definate one yet, though i'm pulling alot from fencing right now

Postby Kaimelar Morikayun » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:34 pm

Kind of cool. That **** also creeps me out. I don't think I could use a human bone for garb/decoration...I'd always look up and wonder if they were looking down at me like. Hey dude *. lol
Kai, Captain of Wargar, Squire to Sir Lotek.
Work it Harder, Make it Better, Do it Faster, Makes us Stronger, More than Ever, Hour after Our Work is Never Over...
Kaimelar Morikayun
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 01 Mar 2003
Realm: Durdemarion
Unit: Wargar
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board/Single Blue.

Postby Bronwyn Trea » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:24 pm

Anyway I could get wolf/dog rib composites?

No they don't sell dog bones, but ebay does have some wolf teeth and femurs that you might like.
Bronwyn Trea
Scout
Scout

Postby Solusar » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:41 pm

You mentioned mandibles are varied prices, do they vary because of the size and condition of the specific mandible? I ask because I don't want one in perfect condition, and if that means it's cheaper then I'm so in.
Solusar
Hero
Hero

Postby Bronwyn Trea » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:53 pm

You mentioned mandibles are varied prices, do they vary because of the size and condition of the specific mandible? I ask because I don't want one in perfect condition, and if that means it's cheaper then I'm so in.

Mandibles are anywhere from $50-$160 dollars and that is not counting shipping. You would have some choice, but mainly the selection is what they have available right now.
Bronwyn Trea
Scout
Scout

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade