foamsmiths

Get some new stuff or unload your old stuff.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

foamsmiths

Postby Shadowkin » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:45 am

I'm not sure what else I can do to get people to start posting auctions at foamsmiths.com

Seems that several people have expressed interest and have even registered, but are waiting for something. Any suggestions or insight?
Shadowkin
Recruit
Recruit

Re: foamsmiths

Postby Cib » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:27 am

I haven't heard of this site before. It looks like a good idea.

Edit:

Ok, some suggestions.

1. The site needs an about page. I think I know what the site is, but a quick write up would help me get a better picture of what the site is for, and how it works.

2. I haven't heard of the site, an I would wager not many other people have ether.
2.a. So I think you need to get the word out. The Belegarth Forums will soon have advertising banner adds, you might look in to getting one of those. I would advise contacting Derian about it.
2.b. Also, link the site in your signature, and post intelligently. Good way to raise awareness.

3. The site looks kind of bare right now, only a set of Chainmaille Candlesticks on there right now from what I can tell. It doesn't make people want to stay, or come back.
3.a. You might need to put up some gear your self to get things rolling, so the Candlesticks doesn't look so lonely. Even just a sword, and a tunic would help a lot.
3.b. Browse through this forum (By,Sell,Trade) and PM people who might be interested in selling on your site.

Good luck!
Last edited by Cib on Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Creativity is Key
The truth begs for scrutiny, but lies beg for tolerance.
Cib
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 0- 2-2007
Realm: Arderyth
Unit: Mercenaries of Strathclyde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Short Spear

Postby Derian » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:40 am

I think a lot of the issue is that enough people just don't know about it yet, or they visited and saw only a couple auctions, then didn't visit again.

I have a few pieces of armor I can put up as soon as a I figure out where the hell my beveler went to.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Postby Shadowkin » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:53 am

Ok, some suggestions.

1. The site needs an about page. I think I know what the site is, but a quick write up would help me get a better picture of what the site is for, and how it works.

- Thanks, I'm actually working on getting a welcome page put together

2. I haven't heard of the site, an I would wager not many other people have ether.

- This is my second thread here about the site and I've also posted on forums for other LARPs

2.a. So I think you need to get the word out. The Belegarth Forums will soon have advertising banner adds, you might look in to getting one of those. I would advise contacting Derian about it.

- I've talked to Darian about advertising and will likely do so in the future. I do have a google adwords campaign that is getting a good number of clicks on a daily basis, but as you point out later, there isn't enough posted to keep people there.

2.b. Also, link the site in your signature, and post intelligently. Good way to raise awareness.

- oops. meant to do that. I've done it on some of the other LARP forums

3. The site looks kind of bare right now, only a set of Chainmaille Candlesticks on there right now from what I can tell. It doesn't make people want to stay, or come back.

- hence trying to get people to list auctions (100% free for the time being btw)

3.a. You might need to put up some gear your self to get things rolling, so the Candlesticks doesn't look so lonely. Even just a sword, and a tunic would help a lot.

- there were a couple other items up there a sword frog and some graphite rod. I was just thinking about making a pair of swords and maybe a shield last night. Thanks for confirming that line of thought.

3.b. Browse through this forum (By,Sell,Trade) and PM people who might be interested in selling on your site.

- A thread or two about the site is one thing, pming others may go to far. I don't want to be spamming users here. I had thought about it, but I don't like unsolicited email any more than the next guy and I don't want to become a nuciance on this board.

Good luck!

- thanks. I appreciate the feedback.
Shadowkin
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Shadowkin » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:54 am

Derian wrote:I think a lot of the issue is that enough people just don't know about it yet, or they visited and saw only a couple auctions, then didn't visit again.

I have a few pieces of armor I can put up as soon as a I figure out where the hell my beveler went to.

Excelent. Thanks for your support.
Shadowkin
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Derian » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:08 am

I just listed a pair of greaves. More will come soon, I hope.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade