Looking for Boots

Get some new stuff or unload your old stuff.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Looking for Boots

Postby Tobia Blackthorn » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:36 pm

I've been wanting a pair of period-ish boots for a long time. I might wear them in battle, might not. I would definitely wear them for feasts and other non-fighting situations. The problem I continually run into is finding a pair that would not cost me more than I could afford. After looking online, a pair of boots that I really like is linked to below:

http://www.a2armory.com/shoes/medsuedeboots.html

I like the look of soft-leather boots far more than hard leather boots, and enjoy the fact that they'd likely be lighter and more mobile. I am hesitant to purchase footwear online after the fiasco of my skates...which are near unusable for me, since they're far too narrow, while fitting nicely everywhere else. I plan on being at Winter's Night, though I know that that's far from most of the larger realms. Is there anyone who could sell me a pair, and perhaps do so at that event?
Duke of New Dawn of Southern Marches

Proud member of House Blackthorn
Tobia Blackthorn
Backstabber
Backstabber

Started Fighting: 12 Sep 2009
Realm: New Dawn of Southern Marches
Unit: Cu Sith
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, Spear

Re: Looking for Boots

Postby Arvald » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:28 am

im currently using these
http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-402-med ... boots.aspx
not quite what you wanted but they are decent price and are very well constructed and comfortable ( i actually wear them as my every day boots now =P)
also you may want to look at
http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-372-hig ... ringe.aspx
i dont have them personally but the reviews on the site look promising (they are also decently priced)
Arvald
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 01 Jan 2009
Unit: Black Lions
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sabre Kukri and Dagger

Postby Gambit Redband » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:31 pm

Period boots are pretty but not always great for fighting. Stay away from slippery bottoms or thin heel/ankle support.

I wear SWAT team boots. Waterproof, warm, fantastic support, and very comfortable. Cost me about $50 plus shipping on Amazon. I suggest combat boots for combat.
Uruk Hai Ravager
Gambit Redband
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 19 Aug 2007
Realm: Gilead
Unit: Uruk Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: S/B, Spear, Flo

Postby Orazio Valori » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:16 pm

I've been wearing these:

http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/p-8 ... ringe.aspx

They're comfortable, but I have had trouble with them sliding down my leg and bunching up after fighting for awhile. Durability wise, the sole isn't the thickest and I've already had one of the laces break, as well as one of the lacing eyelets tear. I'm considering either getting some similar ones from Armstreet (currently on sale for $180, including shipping) or just going with the awesome Magnum boots I already own and wear everyday. You really have to be careful with what you get online when it comes to footwear, especially with suede. Since the ones you linked to are already a bit pricey, have you considered contacting some of the SCA folks who make their own stuff? They'd be more than happy to sell you a pair.
Orazio Valori
Grunt
Grunt

Postby larosenoire » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:03 pm

I found out throught the years I fought in sandiego for a padded weapon group and with a live steel group.. Moccasin style boots are bad. No ankle support. It's better to have the boots made for you.. Or something with way more ankle support.
I seee you.... There is no life...... In the void..
larosenoire
Recruit
Recruit

Favorite Fighting Styles: Dual wield
sword and board.

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade