FS: Small lady's dress

Get some new stuff or unload your old stuff.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

FS: Small lady's dress

Postby Ilsa Starling » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:03 pm

Hi, all! I'm new to these boards, but I've been selling garb off the Dagorhir forums for the past year. I've been sewing for about four years, specializing in Dark Ages tunics. I have a few ready-to-wear bits of garb up today.

The dress in particular is for a fairly small lady-- if you're petite and in need of nice fighting garb, or know someone who might be, please take a look! Warmer weather is approaching fast, and linen is great in the heat.

Pink Linen Tunic-Dress

I crafted this dress lovingly-- all right, obsessively-- for myself, trying to replicate a favorite old tunic. Unfortunately, I neglected to add enough allowance for french seams, so it's a bit tight on me. I'd like to sell it off to someone it would fit better, so I can try again for me!

Dress is 100% pink linen, sort of borderline coral-colored. As always with linen, it's best to wash it only on cold settings and hang to dry.

Dress is 51" long, which hits right at ankle for me. All allowances but the back gore are french seamed; back gore is zig-zagged. All hems are hand-sewn; neckline is faced.

Sleeves are pieced to allow for extra room in the forearms.

Side gores and back gore. Hem measures 104" around.

Will fit someone who has the following measurements or smaller. Mind that this dress was meant to fit closely-- it would look great underneath a looser gown or apron dress/hangerok, or work well as summer garb on its own. For reference, I'm 5'3" and a size 4/6.

Bicep: 11.5"
Bust: 33"
Waist: 28"

Asking $50 + shipping, Paypal preferred. You won't normally find handstitching and facings at this price! Can deliver at Ides of March or ship to you. May be interested in trades, especially for linen or wool fabric. Contact me if interested!

Natural Linen Undertunic -- SOLD

I'm working on my 'off the rack' patterns and trying to gauge interest in various types of garb. This tunic is part of that exploration. It's a simple Bocksten-style design with two side gores and a full skirt. On its own, it would be a cool piece of garb for the summer; it would also work great as an underlayer.

100% 'natural'-colored linen. Though I always preshrink my material, linen still fares best when washed cold and hung to dry.

All seams are finished with a zig-zag stitch; hems are machine-sewn.

This would best fit someone who wears a men's large shirt. Model has a 39" chest. Here are some specifics:

Bicep: 14"
Chest: 42"
Length: 37"
Hem: 90" around

Asking $40 + shipping, Paypal preferred. Can deliver at Ides of March or ship to you. Please contact if interested.

Thanks for your interest!
Last edited by Ilsa Starling on Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ilsa Starling
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 21 Jun 2007
Realm: Angaron
Unit: Drentha
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board

Re: FS: Small lady's dress, men's linen tunic

Postby randy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:07 pm

about the seams... French seamed or flat felted?
randy
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 0- 0-1994
Unit: rogue company

Re: FS: Small lady's dress, men's linen tunic

Postby Ilsa Starling » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:12 pm

Except for the back gore, which is zigzagged, all the seam on the pink dress are French seams. The men's linen tunic is zig-zagged.

Thanks for asking!
Ilsa Starling
Recruit
Recruit

Re: FS: Small lady's dress

Postby Ilsa Starling » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:29 pm

Just sold the natural linen tunic. Little ladies take note: the dress is still in need of a home. :)
Ilsa Starling
Recruit
Recruit

Re: FS: Small lady's dress

Postby Ilsa Starling » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:50 pm

Knocked a few bucks off the price. If you're interested, or lookin' to barter (I'm always searching for pretty fabric), hit me up!

Don't see anything your size? If you'd like to discuss custom tunics and dresses at reasonable prices, contact me and I'd be happy to work with you!
Ilsa Starling
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade