Gently used ladies' garb for sale!

Get some new stuff or unload your old stuff.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Gently used ladies' garb for sale!

Postby Ilsa Starling » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:50 pm

Need extra garb for the summer? Trying to get a wife/girlfriend/daughter dressed for less?

I have a bit of gently used garb that I'd like to unload so I can free up some closet space! Some of it is quite new, but due to a patterning flub didin't fit me in the exact way I want. Some of it is older and doesn't get worn anymore. Though the first two pieces were made a few years ago, they're sturdily constructed and of good materials.

Everything will be carefully examined before shipping out, and anything that looks to want it will get reinforced or mended.

If you'd like the lot, I'd ask $90 + $11 shipping. Individual prices are listed below; shipping an individual piece costs $6.

For reference, I'm 5'3", 34/28/38.

#1. Maroon wool Bocksten tunic -- SOLD

I made this four-gore tunic in fall of '08. Though it's great on chilly evenings and in wet weather or winter, I prefer my garb coat, so this tunic has seen infrequent use. The wool is a good flannel from Joann-- it's quite toasty, comfortable from 60* and below. It would be a great choice for cold evenings at events and fighting in the cooler times of year. Having relocated to Florida, I'm unlikely to break this particular piece out anytime soon, so I'd prefer to give it a good home.

It has a slight keyhole to the neck and some embroidery around the neckline. All the hems are handsewn.

Though it has a wide skirt, there's nothing inherently feminine about it-- it would make a nice warm tunic for a dude as well as a lady!

Chest = 39"
Length = 36"
Sleeves = 21" long
Hem = About 96"

#2. Maroon canvas apron dress -- $30

Made in spring '09. Its defining feature is STURDY. Constructed from almost bulletproof cotton canvas from Joann, its skirts are a bit stiff, but it laces to the body very well. The line of chain stitch embroidery at the top hem matches the yarn used to make the lacing at the sides. Since this is Stell's convertible apron-dress pattern, this would fit someone a good bit larger (or smaller!) than me, limited only by the size of the shoulder straps.

Chest = up to about 38"?
Body = 50" long
Hem = crazy full!

#3. Pink Linen Tunic Dress -- $30

I made this for myself this spring, but I didn't leave enough seam allowance. It ended up less than half an inch too small all around and is just tight enough to be annoying. Infuriating to me, but a brand-new, obsessively-finished dress for someone!

The fabric is a medium-weight, slightly slubby linen. All the raw edges are finished with French seams. The neckline has a discrete internal facing in yellow, invisible from outside. All the visible seams are handsewn.

Motivated by fabric economy, this dress has three gores-- two side and one back. Its sleeves are a bit odd, since I pieced them in an effort to make them fit better. You can see the extra panel here:

It's a bit of a mutant, but still quite fetching. It'll fit someone with the following measurements or smaller:

Chest = 33"
Waist = 28"
Bicep = 11.5"
Sleeves = 23" long
Length = 51"

Thanks for looking!
Last edited by Ilsa Starling on Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ilsa Starling
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 21 Jun 2007
Realm: Angaron
Unit: Drentha
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board

Re: Gently used ladies' garb for sale!

Postby Tobia Blackthorn » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:58 pm

I'm interested in the tunic, but I might have to get back to you about it. I'll PM you when I know for sure, since you mention that it would work for a guy. The nighttime at the events I've gone to have always left me wishing I had warmer garb.
Duke of New Dawn of Southern Marches

Proud member of House Blackthorn
Tobia Blackthorn
Backstabber
Backstabber

Started Fighting: 12 Sep 2009
Realm: New Dawn of Southern Marches
Unit: Cu Sith
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, Spear

Re: Gently used ladies' garb for sale!

Postby Ilsa Starling » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:29 pm

Ah, I'm terribly sorry, Luinmir, but I just managed to sell it off this afternoon and have already gotten paid for it. Sorry to disappoint!

If you're in the market for warm garb, I'd be happy to make you some new, custom to your tastes and measurements. I started out fighting in a realm where it snows from November to May, so cold-weather garb is definitely something I'm familiar with!
Ilsa Starling
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 21 Jun 2007
Realm: Angaron
Unit: Drentha
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade