Team Epik's Dragon Hide Armory

Get some new stuff or unload your old stuff.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Team Epik's Dragon Hide Armory

Postby Rainjer » Thu May 12, 2011 11:37 am

Is anyone out there in need of any kind of armor, weapon, or garb. Well here is a site that does very well if your needing ANYTHING at all for Belegarth. They've been pretty busy lately though with alot of orders, but they get what you need and get it done right and fast. Very good company and well known in Layton, UT. So check it out people.

Dragon Hide Armory
Rainjer
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 10 Jul 2008
Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Team Epik
Favorite Fighting Styles: Dual Wielding, Exotic Weapons

Re: Team Epik's Dragon Hide Armory

Postby Slagar » Thu May 12, 2011 11:42 am

A price list, some pictures and descriptions of your basic line, and some testimonials from people who's word is known to be worth listening to would do a lot to help raise some interest. Best of luck.
Numenorean expatriate
Gaffi Stick of the Sand Plains
Retainer to Squire Trogdor
Slagar
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 18 Oct 2006
Realm: Numenor
Unit: The Amyr
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board

Postby tundi » Thu May 12, 2011 8:07 pm

Slagar wrote:A price list, some pictures and descriptions of your basic line, and some testimonials from people who's word is known to be worth listening to would do a lot to help raise some interest. Best of luck.

seconded. also, the website needs some grammatical help. granted, people are paying for armor and weapons and not for fine english composition, but using the correct your/you're makes a website look a lot more professional.

I hope they get pics up soon, I enjoy seeing what projects people are working on : )
I'm a monster, raaawr!
tundi
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 01 Jun 2010
Realm: numenor
Unit: uruk-hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: dying. lots and lots of dying.

Postby Black » Wed May 18, 2011 11:34 pm

when are you going to get the site up, its been down for a minute...
http://dragonhidearmory.webs.com/
Blood Orc
If your not Orc, your food!
The only Black guy in belegarth!
Black
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 10 Oct 2009
Realm: Anduril
Unit: Western uruk Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: slapp'n tricks

Postby Ignatius » Thu May 19, 2011 1:15 am

black wrote:when are you going to get the site up, its been down for a minute...
http://dragonhidearmory.webs.com/

Ya, you probably don't want to order from there at the moment. They're fairly sketchy in my opinion. Check this thread out and you'll probably understand why.

http://board.belegarth.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=38167
Ignatius
Warrior
Warrior

Started Fighting: 25 Feb 2008

Postby Forkbeard » Thu May 19, 2011 7:05 am

They've been pretty busy lately though with alot of orders, but they get what you need and get it done right and fast. Very good company and well known in Layton, UT.

Busy doing what? Not coming to practice. I've only seen Dakota like twice this year and haven't seen the rest of these guys at all this year.
None of knew you guys had a company. Why wouldn't you try selling your wears to the rest of the locals to build support before your big national launch? Oh, yeah, becuase none of us really care for your type of construction.
And while you guys are known around town, it's NOT for the quality of you gear. You are much more well known for never showing up to events.

And "team epik"? What the hell is epic about you guys? Thats a really big claim as a unit name. I very much hope you all come to Yestare and show us all your epic fighting skills.
FB
Warlord of the Western Uruk-Hai

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear
Forkbeard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 15 Jun 2000
Unit: Western Uruk Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Just the Tip

Postby Thorondor » Thu May 19, 2011 10:09 am

Wait...wait...you get reamed on one thread, so you start a new one? Great going there guys...hell of a business plan.
Uruk-Hai Serpent Breed and proud
Victory though intensity, tactics and glorious death!

Daemarth: <On the topic of some people just can't get along> it's like sticking me and Kegg in a room... and I keep punching him in the f'n face, and someone looking into the room just keeps telling him that he just needs to get along with me...
Thorondor
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Mar 2001
Realm: Grim Sword
Unit: Uruk-Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Short Recurve Bow

Postby Black Cat » Thu May 19, 2011 10:17 am

Rainjer wrote:Dragon Hide Armory

LOL

"This website is undergoing maintence, sorry for the inconvenience."

* is "maintence"? Maybe the site meant maintenance? Whoever is running that site isn't much of a web designer if he doesn't know how to use spell check or Google to make sure words on the website are spelled correctly.

Forkbeard wrote:
They've been pretty busy lately though with alot of orders, but they get what you need and get it done right and fast. Very good company and well known in Layton, UT.

Busy doing what? Not coming to practice. I've only seen Dakota like twice this year and haven't seen the rest of these guys at all this year.
None of knew you guys had a company. Why wouldn't you try selling your wears to the rest of the locals to build support before your big national launch? Oh, yeah, becuase none of us really care for your type of construction.
And while you guys are known around town, it's NOT for the quality of you gear. You are much more well known for never showing up to events.

Thanks for the info, Forkbeard. This confirms my suspicions about this "company" quite candidly.

Forkbeard wrote:And "team epik"? What the hell is epic about you guys? Thats a really big claim as a unit name. I very much hope you all come to Yestare and show us all your epic fighting skills.
FB

Yeah, no kidding.

To me, these guys look like charlatans.

Rainjer or any other members of "Team Epik", please do come to Yestare. I also want to see your "epic fighting skills." It'll be fun to watch. :devil:
Aquilonian Cheshire Cat
Local Bakeneko
Black Cat of Ill Omen

We're all mad here! - The Cheshire Cat

The secret lies in Fandir's grasp.
Fandir? Thirteen.
Black Cat
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 20 May 2005
Unit: Untamed

Postby Loptr » Thu May 19, 2011 10:34 am

Rainjer,

I have noticed your decision to not respond to my questions.

Let me repost them for your convenience.

1. Do you think it is ethical to post another company's product to be used to sell your own?
2. What kind of cores do you use?
3. Do you warrant the core against breaking?
4. What kind of foam do you use?
5. What kind of adhessives do you use?

Loptr
Viking rattBastard
Loptr
Gladiator
Gladiator

Realm: Acheron
Favorite Fighting Styles: Tappy Tappy
Seriously......

Postby Embara Cayosin » Thu May 19, 2011 11:10 am

Loptr wrote:Rainjer,

1. Do you think it is ethical to post another company's product to be used to sell your own?

Loptr

QFT

These are all legit questions that someone going into this type of business should be more than willing to answer. These questions are what anyone who is looking to buy from you will ask. If you are not willing to answer basic questions than you should take down your lill shop of fail and keep building for you and your team of "Epicness"

i will add a few more to the list

6. What type of foam do you use
7. What is your turn around time
8. Who much does your weapons cost.
9. Do you offer other services/guarantees for your products
10. Which events "If any" will you be set up at so that i may personally examine your wares

Again these are all legit questions. if you are not willing to answer them then you should pack up and close shop until you are willing to answer these most basic of questions.
In Draconic
Loreat mrith tiichi - Die with honor
Valignat ekess vignar - Burn to Ash
lleisgar de lowan - Rise from death

Sieglatan wrote: it looks like you killed and skinned a tiny cow, and riveted the hide onto it.

Ignatius wrote:I love that he just got put in time out for a month!!!
Embara Cayosin
Barbarian
Barbarian

Started Fighting: 02 Jun 2009
Realm: dur-demarion

Postby Rainjer » Fri May 20, 2011 1:59 am

Due to all the feed back and questions, we have put our website under construction to be able to answer all the questions possible. We started this to make weapons and armor available since we have been asked to build for several people in the 5 yrs we have been doing this. To be fair this is not a personal bashing party. We are trying to make these things available to those interested. In agreeing with some of the feed back, Dragon Hide Armory will be giving out free weapons for testimonials. If you are interested in our company's products, post why you should receive a free weapon. We will be paying for the shipping and handling. Thank you for your patience and support.
Elite Player In Kombat
Rainjer
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 10 Jul 2008
Unit: Team Epik
Favorite Fighting Styles: Dual Wielding, Exotic Weapons

Postby Loptr » Fri May 20, 2011 8:04 am

Rainjer,

I think tweaking your site is a real good idea.

Loptr
Viking rattBastard
Loptr
Gladiator
Gladiator

Realm: Acheron
Favorite Fighting Styles: Tappy Tappy
Seriously......

Postby Teej » Fri May 20, 2011 8:57 am

You know... the sad thing is, he's actually acting like a big business now. Ignore your consumers...

Rainjer, we're going for small business here buddy.

The big guys (we'll call Edhellen the big guys, but they're still small business) can buy cheaper in bulk, they feel comfortable buying in this bulk because they already have an established market - you have to win said market over with excellent service (I've seen mixed reviews on Edhellen's service) and you need (at the bare minimum) passing-quality weapons (theirs are excellent).

The x-chucks, multi-section staves, riddick-tard blades... not us. Don't market it to us or confuse new fighters with it. Change the "may not be" to NOT Bel-legal if you're still going to push that ****. Your pommels (from the naked eye) are all either barely passing, or NOT passing. And, I'm not even going to touch the Edhellen products, lol. Weren't you the ones who were originally using Edhellen pictures lifted right off their website too?

Business 101

There's four types of goods in the world. I'll categorize them in foam-combat for you:

1. Specialty Goods (Louis Vuitton Purses/Fur Coats): Forkbeard's Armor; Drunken Bob's or Wynar's weapons; BadAss Garb...

2. Shopping Goods (a DVD, a box of serial): Armor/garb from Kult of Athena or By the Sword. Licensed stuff you can find elsewhere. I would normally consider Edhellen specialty because they have no formidable competition; however, for the sake of the example, they're selling priced standardized items that you can a) make yourself, or b) ask someone in your realm to make.

3. Convenience Goods (a pack of gum, mints - **** usually already at the register): Event vendor snack stands, etc... something people see and grab out of convenience, they don't run out because they NEED it. Most people bring their own **** to an event. It's just better when someone else already has it waiting for you by the field.

4. Unsought Goods (tow trucks, plumbers): Last minute armor/weapon repair done by a random individual at an event for food/beer/cash.

You also have an offering of custom work which can be classified as a specialty good; however, you're selling subpar items that are far from specialty goods; IMO, they're hardly even shopping goods. The problem with shopping goods is that people "shop" around. You're pretty **** at this level and Edhellen is going eat the business up everytime.

So, consider your quality of goods and consider the fact that you have to compete with the monster that is Edhellen with excellent service and products... And even then, you may not be fine because the economy sucks. Business = risk. Going into that risk though, personally... I'd bring a lot more to the table than you are offering presently. In essence, you are doing it wrong.

Good luck with the revamp. I'd consider picking up some books on small business, maybe taking a course or two from a local CC. Check out the SBA and SCORE.

You know what? I'll even post the links for you.

http://www.score.org/

http://www.sba.gov/

If you write up a good business plan you can even get funding from (I think) the SBA to build some capital and start this company off on a better foot.
Teej
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Dec 2005
Unit: Rogues of Gorewood
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear

Postby Arrakis » Sun May 22, 2011 9:28 pm

Send me some of your stuff. Send me a 34" blue sword with a stabbing tip. I prefer my gear between 13 and 18 ounces, if it matters to you. I'll use them, inspect them, and eventually dissect them and post a detailed honest-as-hell review. But beware that I am a highly skilled foamsmith and will be honest about your product's quality. Tell me how much you would ordinarily charge for the weapon and I'll comment on price as well.

PM me for a shipping address.
Arrakis
Warning: Knows Math

Started Fighting: 17 Jun 2007
Realm: Crystal Groves
Unit: Omega
Favorite Fighting Styles: No gimmicks.
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Tiercel » Sun May 22, 2011 9:44 pm

Arrakis wrote:Send me some of your stuff. Send me a 34" blue sword with a stabbing tip. I prefer my gear between 13 and 18 ounces, if it matters to you. I'll use them, inspect them, and eventually dissect them and post a detailed honest-as-hell review. But beware that I am a highly skilled foamsmith and will be honest about your product's quality. Tell me how much you would ordinarily charge for the weapon and I'll comment on price as well.

PM me for a shipping address.

Funny. In most games, noobs begging for free gear at least say plzzzz. :P
Tiercel
Scout
Scout

Favorite Fighting Styles: Single Blue

Postby Slagar » Sun May 22, 2011 9:51 pm

Arrakis wrote:I am a highly skilled foamsmith

Take it from one who's been there, weapons-grade arrogance doesn't get you where you want to be.
Numenorean expatriate
Slagar
Slayer
Slayer

Postby Alric » Mon May 23, 2011 12:57 am

I tend to blow through swords pretty quickly (the last one I purchased turned to pulp in under 3 months). If you can get me a sword in the next three weeks I'll take it to Rag, put it through a week of abuse, and post a review. I won't use anything that doesn't have a stabbing tip.
Alric
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 13 Oct 2005
Realm: Angaron
Unit: Drentha
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Shield, Archery, Javelin

Postby Forkbeard » Mon May 23, 2011 7:53 am

God * it, Dakoda.
You asked my advice and I gave it to you. You need to come to Belegarth stuff. You need to get to know the people in your community(people outside you "unit" of 4 freinds).
You didnt go to practice last week, when there were 5 fighters from Idaho who wanted to meet you and check out your stuff. Big mistake. Opportunity lost.
Then you didn't go to the event that was 20 miles from you **** house. What the ****? There is no good reason why you and your entire unit missed this event. You had ample time to plan, it was announced months ago. If you are serious about starting a business in this comunity, it was work.
Where the **** were you? With this recent **** storm, you were a hot topic of conversation. But since you didn't show up to defend yourself or show off your "quality" weapons, everyone just made fun of you.
Good luck.
FB
Warlord of the Western Uruk-Hai

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear
Forkbeard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 15 Jun 2000
Unit: Western Uruk Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Just the Tip

Postby Arrakis » Mon May 23, 2011 10:05 am

Slagar wrote:
Arrakis wrote:I am a highly skilled foamsmith

Take it from one who's been there, weapons-grade arrogance doesn't get you where you want to be.

All I wanted it to get me here was a * contest with some folks who probably can't build a stick to save their life.

Speaking of which, nice bats, Slagar. Whadya cut the foam with, your teeth?
Arrakis
Warning: Knows Math

Started Fighting: 17 Jun 2007
Realm: Crystal Groves
Unit: Omega
Favorite Fighting Styles: No gimmicks.
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Cheeseheart » Mon May 23, 2011 11:15 am

*....them's fightin' words.
Sir Cheeseheart the Defiant
Founder of the Sith Empire
2nd Knight of the Western Flame

"I'll take character over reputation..."
Sith Happens
See you at Battle for the Ring XI: Journey to Hyrule
Cheeseheart
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 15 Oct 2008
Realm: Korriban
Unit: First Order of the Sith Empire
Favorite Fighting Styles: Using the Dark Side

Postby Slagar » Mon May 23, 2011 11:47 am

Arrakis wrote:Speaking of which, nice bats, Slagar. Whadya cut the foam with, your teeth?

Hey, I'd charge like $85 for those.

Also, my dentist can't figure out why there's Dap on my incisors.
Numenorean expatriate
Slagar
Slayer
Slayer

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade