Doublet for Sale - Grey Wool - Sz Small

Get some new stuff or unload your old stuff.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Doublet for Sale - Grey Wool - Sz Small

Postby Renato » Sat May 14, 2011 5:32 pm

Hi,

I am selling a grey wool doublet, sz small. Pardon the dorm room pictures:
IMG_2663 by Renato_Belegarth, on Flickr
IMG_2667 by Renato_Belegarth, on Flickr

It is size small from Simplicity Pattern 4059. The fabric is wool. It was wool I inherited but it burns so I think it's 100%. The lining is 100% linen, black. The lacing is braided waxed leather, but can obviously be changed for other laces if you have others you prefer. The eyelet holes are hand stitched, not metal grommets. The doublet is well constructed and unblemished, but I'm selling it because it makes me look like a conquistador, as you can see in this action shot:
Halloween09-3 by Renato_Belegarth, on Flickr]
(To those skilled artisans who might reply, I should let you know I have since altered the pattern to raise the waistline and fit in more in line with my body shape. This doublet was my first try).

The only thing about this that might be less than 100% perfect is that, as you can see in the picture, there is a gap between the peplums in the center bcak.

Interested? I'm asking $20 OBO, plus shipping. I will not be able to bring it to any events any time soon, but I will ship to you via whichever method you prefer to pay for. Paypal preferred but money orders accepted if anyone is not yet on the paypal wagon.

PM me if interested or with questions.
Renato
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Doublet for Sale - Grey Wool - Sz Small

Postby Breeder » Mon May 16, 2011 8:37 am

Excellent job! I made this very same doublet but went with the fancier court garb route. Wool is nice ill bet. If my colors were grey and I was a small I'd be all over this. 20$ is a steal people! She's practically giving it away. For the same thing I would Probably charge like 65-70$ and everyone knows I'm cheap! Don't expect to see this long. Great job!

-Breeder
-F*** You! Cedric wills it!
-Loptr wouldn't take that!
Breeder
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 03 Mar 2009
Realm: Acheron
Unit: none
Favorite Fighting Styles: Single blue, sword and Board

Re: Doublet for Sale - Grey Wool - Sz Small

Postby Ilsa Starling » Tue May 17, 2011 1:58 pm

Seriously, this is a steal. Hand stitched eyelets, people? Wool and linen? Rare garb for the smaller person? I wish this went with anything I already own!

If you can't move it here, you might try the Armour Archive forums-- they're a little higher-traffic than these boards, and this time of year, folks are trying to get their kids and wives clothes in time for Pennsic. It might take a while to sell, but at this price, who could say no?

Good luck!
Ilsa Starling
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 21 Jun 2007
Realm: Angaron
Unit: Drentha
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade