Dragon Hide Armory Updated

Get some new stuff or unload your old stuff.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Re: Dragon Hide Armory Updated

Postby Teej » Fri May 20, 2011 9:01 am

You know... the sad thing is, he's actually acting like a big business now. Ignore your consumers...

Rainjer, we're going for small business here buddy.

The big guys (we'll call Edhellen the big guys, but they're still small business) can buy cheaper in bulk, they feel comfortable buying in this bulk because they already have an established market - you have to win said market over with excellent service (I've seen mixed reviews on Edhellen's service) and you need (at the bare minimum) passing-quality weapons (theirs are excellent).

The x-chucks, multi-section staves, riddick-tard blades... not us. Don't market it to us or confuse new fighters with it. Change the "may not be" to NOT Bel-legal if you're still going to push that ****. Your pommels (from the naked eye) are all either barely passing, or NOT passing. And, I'm not even going to touch the Edhellen products, lol. Weren't you the ones who were originally using Edhellen pictures lifted right off their website too?

Business 101

There's four types of goods in the world. I'll categorize them in foam-combat for you:

1. Specialty Goods (Louis Vuitton Purses/Fur Coats): Forkbeard's Armor; Drunken Bob's or Wynar's weapons; BadAss Garb...

2. Shopping Goods (a DVD, a box of serial): Armor/garb from Kult of Athena or By the Sword. Licensed stuff you can find elsewhere. I would normally consider Edhellen specialty because they have no formidable competition; however, for the sake of the example, they're selling priced standardized items that you can a) make yourself, or b) ask someone in your realm to make.

3. Convenience Goods (a pack of gum, mints - **** usually already at the register): Event vendor snack stands, etc... something people see and grab out of convenience, they don't run out because they NEED it. Most people bring their own **** to an event. It's just better when someone else already has it waiting for you by the field.

4. Unsought Goods (tow trucks, plumbers): Last minute armor/weapon repair done by a random individual at an event for food/beer/cash.

You also have an offering of custom work which can be classified as a specialty good; however, you're selling subpar items that are far from specialty goods; IMO, they're hardly even shopping goods. The problem with shopping goods is that people "shop" around. You're pretty **** at this level and Edhellen is going eat the business up everytime.

So, consider your quality of goods and consider the fact that you have to compete with the monster that is Edhellen with excellent service and products... And even then, you may not be fine because the economy sucks. Business = risk. Going into that risk though, personally... I'd bring a lot more to the table than you are offering presently. In essence, you are doing it wrong.

Good luck with the revamp. I'd consider picking up some books on small business, maybe taking a course or two from a local CC. Check out the SBA and SCORE.

You know what? I'll even post the links for you.

http://www.score.org/

http://www.sba.gov/

If you write up a good business plan you can even get funding from (I think) the SBA to build some capital and start this company off on a better foot.
Teej
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Dec 2005
Unit: Rogues of Gorewood
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear

Postby No'Vak » Fri May 20, 2011 10:31 pm

I should have a free weapon cuz hmm...

Bugbear
Noik

Elebrim wrote:...I question why lately it seems like we must do everything that Amtgard does or else we are no longer the best fighters. I don't think it's right or necessary.
No'Vak
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2006
Realm: Realm
Unit: Big one
Favorite Fighting Styles: Beating up cheaters

Postby Cade » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:25 pm

I deserve a free weapon because the first thing i will do with it is strip it down to its components and answer all the questions that Loptr keeps asking as well as a few more that should have been answered on your website.

I could care less about your politics, realm, location, or sport. Your construction methods however do interest me. See, i have a vested interest in keeping unsafe crappy weapons off the field so i don't get hit with one that Joe New guy bought not realizing that they shouldn't pass. Crap passes weapons check all the time, and the best way to keep crap off the field is to not make it or buy it to begin with.

If your weapons are crap, i will find out real quick. If they are pimp, ill find that out too.

So toss me a sword and ill give you my assessment for whatever thats worth to you.
Cade
Brute
Brute

Realm: Nomad
Unit: Southern Uruk-Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Playing Dead

Previous

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade