Prices on Arrows..

Get some new stuff or unload your old stuff.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Prices on Arrows..

Postby Pig » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:42 am

I've recently started to make arrows that shoot really, really well.

I was wondering if that selling a dozen arrows (12) with tips on them and no tape/cloth cover for 70$ w/o shipping would be a good price to sell them at.

They're round-tipped and made with.. er.. blue foam. yeah. Just wondering.
Pig
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 04 Jul 2011
Realm: Andor
Favorite Fighting Styles: Shield & Flail
Two-Handers
Archery

Re: Prices on Arrows..

Postby Tiberius Claudius » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:39 pm

Bring them to your local practice and allow your vets of repute to check them, shoot them, disassemble them and post pictures and critiques on this website.

Alternately, post pictures of your construction from beginning to end with descriptions of the work on this website yourself.

Once that is done, people will have a fair idea of what your arrows are or are not worth.

One last point of note, Fitz's modular arrows are a burgeoning tech out west and are probably being investigated and developed back east as well. It will be hard to compete.

Best of luck

- TCM
Remy the Wroth wrote:Just don't call it boffing/boffering. That's not what we do. We fight. With swords. To the sorta-death. I can't stand it when someone says boffering. Plus is means sexin' in the UK.

RIP Surt, Adunakhor of Barad'dun
Tiberius Claudius
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 20 May 2009
Realm: An Tir Dearg - Realm Leader
Unit: War Wolves of An Tir Dearg
Favorite Fighting Styles: S&B, spear, longsword

Postby Not Relevant » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:00 pm

:idea:
Last edited by Not Relevant on Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not Relevant
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 08 Aug 2010
Realm: ATD

Postby Slagar » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:50 am

Tiberius Claudius wrote:Fitz's modular arrows are a burgeoning tech out west and are probably being investigated and developed back east as well.

One of the premier foamsmiths in the Midwest has developed modular arrows that are basically foam-tipped lazers. Slapping blue foam onto a shaft won't rouse much demand in this corner of the world either, I'm afraid.

I'd say work on upping your tech, and really get 'em down. Bring 'em to events and let people try them. People are hesitant to buy anything from newer members they haven't met yet, and arrows are the most expensive and difficult to make weapon in the game.
Numenorean expatriate
Gaffi Stick of the Sand Plains
Retainer to Squire Trogdor
Slagar
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 18 Oct 2006
Realm: Numenor
Unit: The Amyr
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board

Postby Pig » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:49 am

Ah. I see. ^^

Well, It was just an idea, i suppose. Basically my arrows are just like Fitz's, just not.. high tech and.. modular.. and.. made of cool foam.

Maybe I can just sell 'em at events for people's arrows who fail.
Pig
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 04 Jul 2011
Realm: Andor
Favorite Fighting Styles: Shield & Flail
Two-Handers
Archery

Postby Derian » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:44 am

Pig wrote:Basically my arrows are just like Fitz's, just not.. high tech and.. modular.. and.. made of cool foam.

So not at all. Got it.

No offense, but most people who regularly sell weapons or equipment in this game have been playing and making equipment for close to or over a decade. It's admirable that you're trying to improve yourself and move beyond making them on your own, but at the same time you shouldn't expect to find a market when you're literally years behind the current tech.

Hit up Fitz or whoever at an event or online and find out how they make their arrows. Most people will be happy to share and you can literally jump your tech forward by leaps and bounds just by spending 20 minutes talking to someone.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade