Armor Time!!

Get some new stuff or unload your old stuff.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Armor Time!!

Postby Forkbeard » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:29 am

I have alot of leather and alot of time.
If you need anything, now is a great time to start shopping for parts for your new kit.
I can easily get anything done by Christmas right now. And I mean anything.
Shoulder harness~$150
Bracers~$40
Greaves~$150
See my pic's on the Facebook.
Thanks
Fb
Last edited by Forkbeard on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warlord of the Western Uruk-Hai

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear
Forkbeard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 15 Jun 2000
Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Western Uruk Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Just the Tip

Re: Armor Time!!

Postby Teej » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:55 pm

Forkbeard is the **** bomb; can't wait to see the rest of our order, helmets arrived today!

Teej
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Dec 2005
Unit: Rogues of Gorewood
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear

Postby Tiberius Claudius » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:32 pm

Dude, those Atlantean helms are **** sweet as ****.

Is there any of your teal on them?
Remy the Wroth wrote:Just don't call it boffing/boffering. That's not what we do. We fight. With swords. To the sorta-death. I can't stand it when someone says boffering. Plus is means sexin' in the UK.

RIP Surt, Adunakhor of Barad'dun
Tiberius Claudius
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 20 May 2009
Realm: An Tir Dearg - Realm Leader
Unit: War Wolves of An Tir Dearg
Favorite Fighting Styles: S&B, spear, longsword

Postby Teej » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:42 pm

We were going to have the black fading into teal edges; however, we really like them the way they are... plus, we're pretty teal already (http://www.facebook.com/ImperialAtlantis - check out our picture albums). Forkbeard is finishing our first order soon (linothorax and greaves), I'll put up a pic of the uniform and armor when we get a full kit on someone.

Forkbeard is the man though, easy to work with, great prices, a master of his craft. So good that Atlantis is putting in an order for another few full suits and more unit loaner helmets soon.
Teej
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Arrakis » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:57 pm

Teej wrote:We were going to have the black fading into teal edges; however, we really like them the way they are... plus, we're pretty teal already (http://www.facebook.com/ImperialAtlantis - check out our picture albums). Forkbeard is finishing our first order soon (linothorax and greaves), I'll put up a pic of the uniform and armor when we get a full kit on someone.

Forkbeard is the man though, easy to work with, great prices, a master of his craft. So good that Atlantis is putting in an order for another few full suits and more unit loaner helmets soon.

Ay, Jesus, make some decent garb to go with those sick helmets.

You need to commission some? Maybe nice Greek-style tunics/humations/chlamyses in teal linen/wool...?
Arrakis
Warning: Knows Math

Started Fighting: 17 Jun 2007
Realm: Crystal Groves
Unit: Omega
Favorite Fighting Styles: No gimmicks.
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Teej » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:39 pm

We're only quasi-Greek in the fact (lore warning) that our culture evolved seperately from the rest of Greece following the "sinking."

That said, the fun with having a fantasy culture is you can bend historical accuracy. Our basic uniform being wrap pants, a tabard, and a waist wrap to hold it all together. We skipped on major detail in favor of assembly line mass production since the unit provides EVERYTHING to its members except armor (though I plan to have ~5-10 loaner sets). The hope being that with the money they save they can A. get to more events, B. have feastware, C. have feast garb, which would be more in the field of what you would want to commission.

Most members have the intention to purchase the armor anyway, which covers up the rather plain tabards. As a matter of fact, we're tossing FB a new bulk order this holiday season (~3 full sets and assorted individual pieces), just have a few guys waiting on their next paycheck.

Anyway, yet again endorsing Forkbeard's work. Easy to work with, fair prices, excellent quality...
Teej
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade