NFL fans check (trading NFL stuff for bel stuff)

Get some new stuff or unload your old stuff.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

NFL fans check (trading NFL stuff for bel stuff)

Postby CommanderGuts » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:23 pm

Hey I got a 100$ NFLshop.com gift card for christmas. I am a football player but not really a fan, I was wondering if I might beable to trade my giftcard for bel stuffs, I am particurly in need of some quality blue swords all sizes welcome skinny fiberglass cores perfered, I need some for new fighter training and one to replace my blue for my board, (I would like a 3' at least with stabby for myself). But I will consiter trading it for ANYTHING bel related. weapons, armor, leather for armor. I will defently trade in your favor and pay shipping so as to maxmize the trade and make it cost 0 actual dollars for you! LMK if anyone is interested!
Guts of Fortriu
Marshal Commander of the Champions Guild
CommanderGuts
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 01 Feb 2011
Realm: Fortriu
Unit: Champions Guild
Favorite Fighting Styles: Great and buckler
Sword and board

Re: NFL fans check (trading NFL stuff for bel stuff)

Postby Sir Guts » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:54 pm

C.G. while imitation is truly the highest level of flattery there is, I must humbly request that you consider both a new name and title. The name you'll find has a most unsavory reputation attached to it that a fine upstanding gentleman like yourself is too refined for, where as the title you will come to appreciate when you have truly earned it within your respective group. I look forward to your swift reply. Yours truly, Commander Guts aka the real slim shady
Guts, sometimes Gutz
Sir Guts
Brute
Brute

Location: a box inside a box that is next to another box on top of a third box
Realm: Nightfort
Unit: Brotherhood Of The Falcon
Favorite Fighting Styles: Gross Burger and Dagger

Postby CommanderGuts » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:57 pm

First of all I feel like you could have PMed me a message insted of posting it here. Either way I suppose I will respond here since your post was here. While I may have not been that active on the boards I have been fighing for almost a year. I found out there was someone else using the name at BFTR last weekend, I had been using the name "Guts" for some time before that. I was also informed that you spelt it with a "z" at the end so I wonder if you name even is the same refernce as mine. I assure you I live up to the name. I am a large man with a giant great sword and I actually do posses the postion of commander of my merc unit, I fit the profile quite well. As for the title, I am the tactical commander of my unit and while BFTR was my first national event you can ask many that went, I made a big spash. BTW my fighter name is just "Guts" however that name was taken on the boards as well. So by looking at your name with the "teh" in frount it would seem that you are not the first guts either. I added commander because it seemed logical. I was told you are somewhere in the mid west so it would be understandable how I didn't know. From the rate of growth of the sport it seems that things like this are bound to happen from time to time.

Anyways all that to say I hope that there is not going to be a problem but I picked my name long before I knew of anyone with the same name and I am already making a name for myself so I am not inclined to change it, I mean none of this in disrepect and I hope there is no issue, but I am keeping my name, I think there is enough room for the both of us in the world of Bel. I look forward to one day meeting you on the field.
Guts of Fortriu
CommanderGuts
Recruit
Recruit

Sword and board

Postby Slagar » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:48 am

For reference, dude. Guts has been fighting for about 7 years or so. And he is the first Guts.

Also, he is with the Horde, and earned the rank of Commander. I think you walking around with both his name and the rank that he put blood and sweat into, and you didn't, may have pushed a button. I would suggest that you keep the name, since nobody has any right to expect that they'll be the only one to have that name forever. I would suggest you ditch 'Commander', though. You haven't earned it. Find some other tag to throw in front, there are lots to pick from.

Also, you kicked * at your first event. Good job. BFTR isn't a deep pool, it's a young and growing event, and you've got a lot left to learn. Go to Chaos, come to Okfest. Find the biggest badasses you can and fling yourself at them. That's how you make a name for yourself. If you have to tell people that you're already making a name for yourself, you aren't.
Numenorean expatriate
Gaffi Stick of the Sand Plains
Retainer to Squire Trogdor
Slagar
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 18 Oct 2006
Realm: Numenor
Unit: The Amyr
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board

Postby Caleidah » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:58 am

Slagar wrote:If you have to tell people that you're already making a name for yourself, you aren't.

Oh Jesus this. And Guts goes to Chaos on the regular. I propose a duel to the death, winner takes name.
Knight of Grond
Palatine of the Sons of Sylas
"But in life, the young king becomes a tyrant, and leads his people to war."
Caleidah
Boo Radley

Started Fighting: 03 Jan 2009
Realm: Grond
Unit: Sons of Sylas
Favorite Fighting Styles: Boot and Bottle

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:32 am

Duel for character death, haven't seen one of those in prolly 15 years anyway.
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Uruk-Hai, Horde, White Skull, VB
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Stygia
Unit: Western Uruk-Hai- White Skull- HoRDe- VB

Postby Galya » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:23 pm

CommanderGuts wrote:I think there is enough room for the both of us in the world of Bel.

...um. You don't know Guts. He's very possessive of his name. :-/

He might tolerate it because you live out west, but you're probably going to be dubbed "fake Guts" or something similar if you are ever mentioned around here. Just so you know.
Galya Grikhunter, former Belegarth Secretary, Horde Commander, and War Council representative.
Still an admin though, because people trust me or something. ;)
Blood Valley HoRdE: Massacring the Midwest since 2004
She/Her/Hers

Forkbeard wrote:So, you can't decide if that is Galya or Par? I have to admit, I mistake Par for an old woman regularly. But Galya is a beautiful and intelligent lady. I'd never mistake her for him.
Galya
Gladiator
Gladiator

Started Fighting: 13 Sep 2006
Realm: Tir Asleen
Unit: dah HoRdE
Favorite Fighting Styles: Board and Bat
Pronouns: She/Her

Postby Caleidah » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:29 pm

Also, little Guts of Fortriu, nobody can even get close to the Guts that is the character from Berserk. Until I see you chop down 100 men effortlessly, being a big dude with a big sword means jack all. Hell, if that's the only requirement, maybe I should change my name.
Knight of Grond
Palatine of the Sons of Sylas
"But in life, the young king becomes a tyrant, and leads his people to war."
Caleidah
Boo Radley

Started Fighting: 03 Jan 2009
Realm: Grond
Unit: Sons of Sylas
Favorite Fighting Styles: Boot and Bottle

Postby CommanderGuts » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:44 am

First of all I NEVER preteneded that I don't have anything to learn, in fact I am always trying to learn something. This is a very complex and skill intencsive sport, while my learning curve is obviously higher then many other, (As I've only been fighting for a year), even after 10+ years there will still be a lot left to learn. Going to CW or Okfest is something I really want to do, I hope money and time will allow a trip that far however it might not be possable this year.

As to my name, I think, as others have pointed out it is reasonable to have more then one of a certain fighter name, to say I am a fake because we have the same name, is like to say someone's real name is a fake because it is the same as someone else that came before them. It is still your name, if I had truly been copying then that would have been lame, but I assure you I had no knowlege of the other guts until after I had already chosen.

As for my title, even "teh guts" pointed out that I should earn such a title in my "respective group" before using it as a tag in my name. Well I assume respective group means within your realm, or at the very most your state, I have done so. In my unit, in my realm, I have earned it, and at BFTR I fought with people all acrossed the state and out of state, many from up north, out west and even back east. In my neck of the woods I have earned that title. However if there is something my line of thought is missing please let me know, I am the new guy compared to many here and I really don't mean any disrepect, I just don't see from what was stated why I need to change my tag or name. And as for your comment about slaying 100 at a time... hmmm I think my best kill count for one battle (without respawn of corse) might have been 10 (or something around there)... I think you have pointed out that I have a record to set!
Guts of Fortriu
CommanderGuts
Recruit
Recruit

Sword and board

Postby Galya » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:07 pm

CommanderGuts wrote:As to my name, I think, as others have pointed out it is reasonable to have more then one of a certain fighter name, to say I am a fake because we have the same name, is like to say someone's real name is a fake because it is the same as someone else that came before them.

While normally I would agree with you, there are special cases where a fighter has earned enough of a reputation that you really can't take their name. Like Forkbeard. Or Par. Or Kyrian for heaven's sake! Maybe you don't know any of those names, but trust me, if any newb in my realm wanted to take them, it would never happen because they are such big names in the sport that there really is only ONE in everyone's mind. And that does sorta make you just a copycat.

I'm not comparing Guts to the names listed previously, but it is the same situation. Over the past 6-7 years he's been fighting, Guts has earned a rather infamous reputation. One that you probably don't want to be associated with anyway. Again, I agree that it will have less of an impact for you because he is located on a different side of the country, but still. It's just how things are. Out there, you can call yourself Guts, fine. If you ever come east though, you are the not the person that comes to peoples' minds when the name is brought up.

Also, just going to point out that although you may be a "commander" in your unit, it isn't exactly a big, well-known unit from what I can tell. Having a rank in a unit of like 10 people doesn't quite mean as much as when you have a rank in a national unit. When people hear "Commander", they think of the Horde, not Witherwood Company. Your unit hasn't even existed more than a year. I'm sorry, but that just makes you less of a big deal.

It would be respectful to those of us who are far your senior to at least drop the 'commander' part. If it was either aspect of the name individually, we can live with that. But together it feels like a complete mockery of the Horde and one of our members, who DID earn his title.

In short - You can keep 'Guts' if you want, but get rid of the title because while you may think you've earned it in your little unit, it is associated with a much larger, older and more well-known unit who will probably kick your * if we ever meet you in person. Just a fair warning.
Galya Grikhunter, former Belegarth Secretary, Horde Commander, and War Council representative.
Still an admin though, because people trust me or something. ;)
Blood Valley HoRdE: Massacring the Midwest since 2004
She/Her/Hers

Forkbeard wrote:So, you can't decide if that is Galya or Par? I have to admit, I mistake Par for an old woman regularly. But Galya is a beautiful and intelligent lady. I'd never mistake her for him.
Galya
Gladiator
Gladiator

Started Fighting: 13 Sep 2006
Realm: Tir Asleen
Unit: dah HoRdE
Favorite Fighting Styles: Board and Bat
Pronouns: She/Her

Postby Cyric » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:47 pm

Wow, way to turd up this kid's thread.

In the real world, people have the same name. Even in this game people have the same name. There are like 256 Magnuses (Magni?) 1354 Artemises, and a 26 kales cales and chales. Jumping all over this kid because he's using a unit title and a taken name is really lame. How do you know he didn't earn his title? Outside of your unit, most people don't know/care what title you get or what it means. Guts asked him to change his name. that's where it should end. Piling on with some unit based stupidity just looks petty. If he doesn't change his name and you still have your panties in a bunch, fight him every chance you get. beat him up if you can. At the very least take it to PM. Or just grow up and accept the fact that you aren't a beautiful and unique snowflake.
Knight of Numenor
Cyric
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 23 Aug 1999
Realm: Numenor
Unit: Knights of Numenor

Postby Sir Guts » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:10 pm

What's in a name? That which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet.
Guts, sometimes Gutz
Sir Guts
Brute
Brute

Postby Cheeseheart » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:27 pm

The worst thing we can do to newer fighters is crush their enthusiasm.
Sir Cheeseheart the Defiant
Founder of the Sith Empire
2nd Knight of the Western Flame

"I'll take character over reputation..."
Sith Happens
See you at Battle for the Ring XI: Journey to Hyrule
Cheeseheart
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 15 Oct 2008
Realm: Korriban
Unit: First Order of the Sith Empire
Favorite Fighting Styles: Using the Dark Side

Postby Cedric » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:42 am

there used to be two cedrics, then i ate him. We used to hang out back in the early days, who cares if you have the same name.
My favorite color is beer.
Always folow the gospel of Cedric, or ye shall be damned.
Cedric

Started Fighting: 01 Jan 1993
Realm: Ebonhold
Unit: EBF
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board, spear

Postby Teej » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:40 pm

Cyric wrote:Wow, way to turd up this kid's thread.

In the real world, people have the same name. Even in this game people have the same name. There are like 256 Magnuses (Magni?) 1354 Artemises, and a 26 kales cales and chales. Jumping all over this kid because he's using a unit title and a taken name is really lame. How do you know he didn't earn his title? Outside of your unit, most people don't know/care what title you get or what it means. Guts asked him to change his name. that's where it should end. Piling on with some unit based stupidity just looks petty. If he doesn't change his name and you still have your panties in a bunch, fight him every chance you get. beat him up if you can. At the very least take it to PM. Or just grow up and accept the fact that you aren't a beautiful and unique snowflake.

Cheeseheart wrote:The worst thing we can do to newer fighters is crush their enthusiasm.

Names... meh.

Mek or Mekoot unique to Horde in Bel (possibly Izzy-created?); 100% justified.

But telling him he can't throw up Commander? Really? Most countries and fictional military hierarchies feature that COMMON rank... This is just vets being cliquish on the new guy. Grow up.

Welcome to foam combat CommanderGuts. Don't sweat this crap, we're glad to have you.
Teej
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Dec 2005
Unit: Rogues of Gorewood
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear

Postby Cheeseheart » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:21 am

^^^^^
This guy right there, he's an EMPEROR. And I'll address him as such when I get the pleasure of meeting him. The empire could be of a big steaming pile of **** for all I cared (though I know it is not).
Sir Cheeseheart the Defiant
Founder of the Sith Empire
2nd Knight of the Western Flame

"I'll take character over reputation..."
Sith Happens
See you at Battle for the Ring XI: Journey to Hyrule
Cheeseheart
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 15 Oct 2008
Realm: Korriban
Unit: First Order of the Sith Empire
Favorite Fighting Styles: Using the Dark Side

Postby Teej » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:07 am

Cheeseheart wrote:^^^^^
This guy right there, he's an EMPEROR. And I'll address him as such when I get the pleasure of meeting him. The empire could be of a big steaming pile of **** for all I cared (though I know it is not).

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... alAtlantis

Not the size we want it, getting there :P
Teej
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Dec 2005
Unit: Rogues of Gorewood

Postby Sir Guts » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:43 am

And this is what I get for letting others speak for me. Meh. All I was saying is just found it coincidental you pop up with the same name and title in the same time period I got mine and with a simple request to get off dese nuts. But as allways the internets is serious business.
Guts, sometimes Gutz
Sir Guts
Brute
Brute

Postby Sir_Mel » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:44 pm

Guys, I think you are missing the point here. This thread is another golden opportunity to honor a new fighter who, while being a large individual in a game based on speed, is able to play to his strengths and become an exceptional fighter with style based entirely on big and heavy weapons. As we all know, Belegarth has been disturbingly bereft of this type of talent for far too long. It is my humble opinion that the vets in this thread should be ashamed of themselves for not giving this man the respect he deserves-- nay, the respects he COMMANDS. I dearly hope that the next national event of 50-60 people that you attend with this man leaves your ego (and your head) crushed by his pure awe inspiring presence and skill.
Sir Melannen Arqueno, The Exemplar
Knighted by Sir Kyrian Hawksword
Minister of Metal
"The rising tide raises all boats."
Sir_Mel
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: The Amyr
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword Board, Two-stick

Postby Rasheab » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:59 am

CommanderGuts wrote:...but I picked my name long before I knew of anyone with the same name.

http://wiki.belegarth.com/Main_Page

http://wiki.belegarth.com/Guts

Just sayin.
Hawaii: Manoa
Washington: Gondor

There are no staffs in Belegarth. Because of how they are constructed, they are really Pugil Sticks.
Rasheab
Slayer
Slayer

Realm: Gondor [WA] fomerly Manoa [HI]
Favorite Fighting Styles: Long spear
Whatever is in reach.

Postby Spike » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:53 am

This thread wrote:I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT THAT WHICH DOESN'T CONCERN ME!
Spike
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 9- 0-2003
Realm: Pyke
Unit: Horde

Postby Remdawg Killionaire » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:38 am

lulz
NO I'M THE REAL GUTS!
I actually just wanted you to know that I have a ton of 3/8ths fiberglass. I would suggest thinking about dropping the extra cash on some kitespar as the 3/8ths has a lot of flex and reverb that tends to formulate into tendonitis fairly quickly. Kitespar has really helped me with this.
I realize and understand that you're doing whatever you can to get your armory started and good on you (I love bartering/trading at events) for doing as much. I just wanted to give you a heads up; I wish I would have started out with all the information I know now so as to alleviate some of the bad habits and reoccurring issues I have.
Also welcome to the Belegarth boards, don't mind the trolls, don't feed them (negative attention is just as good to a troll) and good job on maintaining a firm belief in your principles without resorting to asinine and potentially reputation-nuking comments.
I think a lot of us attack new peeps on the boards because there has been some hilarious threads as a result. Stay calm and if you can make it to CW I'd love to talk to you about reds, swords in particular. I'm focusing the next couple years on getting better with consecutively bigger swords ala *, great, flameberge and claymore.
Bishop wrote:Overall I believe the article was positive for our image, loosely defining us as a sadomasochist anti-larp. I'm ok with that. http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/LARP-harder

Caleidah wrote:But, his sensei passed that style down to him! Literal hours of tradition!
Remdawg Killionaire
Forum Gordon Ramsay

Started Fighting: 20 Apr 2006
Realm: Pyke and O.G. Babylonian
Unit: Catalyst
Favorite Fighting Styles: Acerbic wit and sassy one-liners

Postby Tails » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:50 pm

No thanks, buddy, I'm not a big fan of football myself.
"Favorite Fighting Styles: adsfdsfsdssdsdsd"
-Seanyviala-
Tails
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 22 Aug 2007
Realm: Morva
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Working the Pole
Pronouns: Drip / Drop

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade