Looking for Cheap Custom Garb? (M/F) Here's your chance!!!

Get some new stuff or unload your old stuff.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Looking for Cheap Custom Garb? (M/F) Here's your chance!!!

Postby Artemis » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:16 am

Hi everyone! I'm Artemis from the realm of Dun Abhon, and i would like to offer my services as a seamstress to all who may be interested!
I work from home and all pieces i do are custom made to your specifications. Sewing is my passion and I'd love to work with you to create works of art. Most of my work is very affordable, and i can promise you'll find it good looking and well made.
I work with all kinds of garb from belegarth to renaissance faires to cosplay. The following pictures are just a small example of my work. If you are thinking of something i haven't posted, please tell me! My skills aren't limited to only what i have pictures of.

Cloaks
($60+)
This particular cloak is made of forest green melton wool with a full hood, fitted shoulders, and two capelets. It has hand-stitched celtic knot embroidery down the front edges, and a beautiful tree-of-life design in the center back. It also has several hidden pockets on the inside. This kind of cloak is very warm and particularly good at keeping you dry, even during a downpour.
Image Image
($300+)

This next cloak is a medium weight forest green wool lined with a lighter weight olive green wool. It has a fuller hood than the first cloak and 6 hidden pockets, one of them quite large. It is much more flowing than the first cloak, and has a very beautiful drape. It also attaches at the neck with two black frogs.
($150-$200?)

Ranger Outfit
There are several layers that work together to form this ranger outfit. On top is a leather pauldron-like piece designed to protect the shoulders. Underneath is a black modified doublet that laces up the front AND up the sides for added airflow. Underneath that is the green wool tabbard. The one pictured is actually only a half-tabbard (again because of heat) and is actually easily detachable. I chose to only include the bottom half of the garment in the outfit because the rest would not be seen anyway and no one wants to fight in heavy wool. The bracers are also made by me and will in most realms, count as a light armor. Not pictured is a calf-length brown surcoat edged in gold trim, a green cotton shirt, and brown pants. This outfit also looks very dashing with a cloak. (sorry for not having a picture of all that stuff)
(full outfit including tunic, pants, doublet, tabard, surcoat, leather gear, belt, cloak would be in the neighborhood of $400-$450 (just a guess), but the outfit that's in the picture (doublet, tabard, leather stuff) would probably be more around $150-$170)

Shirts/Tunics
($30-$40)
These tunics are the basic part of any set of garb. They can be plain (as pictured) or embroidered or edged with trim. They have a yoke-style upper body, with plenty of room in the shoulders and sleeves for fierce fighting. Different colors are of course available.
Image Image

Pants
I don't have a picture, but pants are pants. The basic pants would be about $25-$30 depending on the fabric choice and your size. They're pretty plain, close with a drawstring (though i can add belt loops instead), and are just modeled off any pants you wear.

Dwarven/Viking gear
This is a very simple outfit, with a shirt, pants, vest, bracers, and furs. The shirt is a regular tunic, and the pants were made of strong brown corduroy-like material. The vest is leather, as are the bracers (both made by myself). In this image the furs have not been actually sewn in, but instead just held in the correct spots by other pieces of clothing.

FOR THE GIRLS!
Here's an outfit that will show off your figure beautifully while being fully functional while you beat everyone black and blue. It consists of a fitted bodice over top of an embroidered green shirt with half sleeves and a plunging neckline. The pants are simple brown dress pants found at a thrift store. You'll have to provide your own for that.
Image Image

Pirate Outfit
This outfit is made from three pieces: a corset, a skirt, and a shirt. The corset is fully reversible one side being black and one side being red, and has red trim along the edges. It is also fully boned. The skirt is a rag strip skirt of cream, red, and black. It stays on with a drawstring at the waist and has a solid underlayer to make sure you stay decent during the fight. The shirt is a lightweight button down shirt but can be exchanged for any kind of shirt you'd like. It can even be worn without a shirt, though i would not recommend that for fighting. Sadly, the hat is not included.

Corsets
This corset was one of my favorite to make. It is fully boned, fit to the wearer, and completely reversible! It is made with a beautifully patterned black material on one side, and a solid royal blue fabric on the reverse. Both sides are trimmed in black.

Wench Outfit
We're now moving away from strictly belegarth garb and into more just costume and renfaire garb (which i'm sure you can all find useful).
This next outfit is a classic wench outfit. The shirt has an elastic neckline so you can wear it in many different styles. It's made of an extremely light fabric as to have maximum breathability. The corset is fitted and fully boned, with a busk down the front for easy removal. That way you don't have to do the laces every time. The skirt is very full and gathered at the top. It's made of a beautiful patterned royal blue material.

Fairy Costume
This costume was specifically designed to look like a blue hibiscus flower. The shirt is made of a very light material and also has an elastic neckline for variety. The bodice is sturdy and pointed to look more like a leaf, The skirt laces up in the back at the waist and is made of a beautiful blue fabric cut to look like flower petals. Flower wrist and ankle adornments can be worn with the garment, and optionally attached with bells.
Image Image

Hobbit Costume
I designed this costume based on the outfits that young hobbit women wore in The Fellowship of the Ring. It has a basic peasant shirt, with a bright colored, decorated bodice. There are several sets of skirts worn. The main skirt is green and about knee length. There is a blue skirt on top of it that leaves the front and the back open and ties in a bow at the back. Underneath are several petticoats, all ending at about the knee in proper hobbit style.

Steampunk
The next two costumes are definitely not for fighting. I made them to go to a convention and won third place in the costume contest with them!
The female costume is a modified 19th century evening gown with a fitted jacket edged with gold trim, a front underskirt, a back main skirt, and a magnificent bustle. The it is decorated with cogs and brass buttons.
The male outfit is more simple with a tuxedo-style vest and Ascot tie over a dress shirt and pants. The pockets are fully functional and double-welted, and the garment is adjustable in the back.
here's a close up of the bustle

Unpriced items are such because price has not been calculated yet. Contact me if you'd like to know more.

I hope you are interested in some of my work! Remember everything is customizable and if you don't see what you want here, i'd love to discuss it with you to get you exactly what you want!

You can either contact me here, or at danicashardae201@aol.com
Last edited by Artemis on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Artemis
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 0- 8-2008
Realm: Dun Abhon
Favorite Fighting Styles: Florentine

Re: Looking for Cheap Custom Garb? (M/F) Here's your chance!

Postby Wolftail » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:49 pm

Price estimates?
Half-Orc Mercenary for Hire
Owned by None
Wolftail
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 01 May 2006
Realm: None.
Unit: None.
Favorite Fighting Styles: Polearms, Reds, Flail and Shield

Re: Looking for Cheap Custom Garb? (M/F) Here's your chance!

Postby Artemis » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:29 pm

Some prices have been posted. For the unpriced items, contact me for an estimate.
Prices are generally calculated price of material + $10 per hour
Artemis
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 0- 8-2008
Realm: Dun Abhon
Favorite Fighting Styles: Florentine

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade