Custom Mail

Get some new stuff or unload your old stuff.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Were you in the Angry mob?

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes : 37

Custom Mail

Postby Glynn » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:23 pm

Does anyone do custom mail? I'm talkin' silver with my insignia on the chest. I would like to look into that, or leather. I found that it was effective at Oktober Fest(except when I nailed it with my shiny new red!) and I think I want to invest in some.

By the way....Nice miss at the archer challenge Jinkata. I expected more of you! Kegg on the other Hand. For shame on the village raid when you smoothly let my group, AND EVERY OTHER GROUP know that mine was traitors! Next, try whispering. But thanks for an awesome time you guys!
Why is the world so cold? So cold that even under the warm sun, my skin feels as icy as my heart?
Glynn
Thug
Thug

Postby Toki » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:12 pm

Ahem, were traitors glynn, were. And like hell you need armor, you've been fighting less than a year.
Uruk-Hai Ravanger
Toki
Recruit
Recruit

Unit: Uruk-Hai East

Postby Izanaki » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:01 pm

true, but someone posted a forum about making custom chainmail where they are able to place things in the center of it. For example, a steel tinted cross in the middle of your chest, and im sure if they can do tinted steel they can do colors like red, blue, and a variety of colors, as well as shapes.
*People of Missouri* "I'm sorry John Ashcroft, but the dead man scares me less than you do"
Izanaki
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Neela » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:06 pm

I might know a guy who can do it. i can try to get you an email address if you want.
Neela
Underling
Underling

Postby Brutus » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:08 pm

Send me an email with what you are wanting, and I will write you back with some preliminary quotes.

brianoehl@hotmail.com
Brutus
Only .3% Short Of Perfect
Only .3% Short Of Perfect

Started Fighting: 0- 8-1999
Realm: Riverbend
Unit: Henneth-Annun

Postby savetuba » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:39 pm

I'm making a yellow, orange, and red scorpion on the front of my chainmail. Making such thing isn't too hard, it just takes time, lots and lots of time. I'm also learning how to ingrave leather so that I can have little tubas on my bracers. :D
savetuba
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 4-2003
Realm: Aberdeen Militia

Postby Glynn » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:52 am

Toki wrote:Ahem, were traitors glynn, were. And like hell you need armor, you've been fighting less than a year.

Like hell I don't. A year is coming up soon, and I want to train in it so stick it where the pirate flag may be.
Why is the world so cold? So cold that even under the warm sun, my skin feels as icy as my heart?
Glynn
Thug
Thug

Postby Tor » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:59 am

savetuba wrote:I'm also learning how to ingrave leather so that I can have little tubas on my bracers. :D

You fail.
Viking Bastards. It's like chlorine for the gene pool.
Tor
Utter Bastard

Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Viking Bastards
Favorite Fighting Styles: Death by Not Existing

Postby Glynn » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:36 am

That's cool. I am looking for a leather center piece with my heraldry on it for my new Hitoye chain I am working on.
Glynn
Thug
Thug

Postby Kuragari » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:57 pm

I can make custom maille, Just give me the dimensions, metal wanted, guage of metal, and ring size, and I'll give you a price quote. (based on a 5.15 hourly wage)
"Strange ladies lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"
Kuragari
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Tyrael » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:53 pm

Tor wrote:
savetuba wrote:I'm also learning how to ingrave leather so that I can have little tubas on my bracers. :D

You fail.

Agreed. You gotta have TRUMPETS on them bracers.
Tyrael
Guardsman of House Dregoth
...So, as I pray...
Unlimited Blade Works

Belegarth's resident lazy Rocket Scientist.
Tyrael
Warrior
Warrior

Unit: House Dregoth
Favorite Fighting Styles: Nuclear ****' warheads

Postby Annika » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:25 am

or random farm animals
Dame Annika Calmindon - Knight of Numenor

Numenor War Council Representative
Annika
Thug
Thug

Started Fighting: 08 Apr 2003
Realm: Numenor
Unit: Amyr
Pronouns: She/Her

Postby Chicken » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:53 pm

Ryno wrote:or random farm animals

Hm... what should I pick... .

Actually, there are sheep on my arrows, so there is at least some question... .
Wikified
Squire to Sir Kyrian; Commander, Clan of the Hydra
"There is only one appropriate attack for all polearms, and that is the thrust."
Antonio Manciolino, Opera Nova, 1531
Chicken
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Unit: Clan of the Hydra - Iron Crown
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear &c.

Postby Beoren » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:55 pm

yeah, the traitor thing was bad. wouldn't have been so bad, if that one bright little child hadn't been with us. after anouncing us as traitors, he said that we could only be attacked after we had attacked the others. everybody kinda looked at each other and agreed to get into position first, so as not to get slaughtered in our tiny little corner. well, the whistle was blown, and some random idiot takes a pot shot at the group that had inevitably surrounde our room. slaughter.

anyways, toki, i haven't been fighting for a year yet, and i plan to invest in some armor soon. experience shouldn't dictate what equipment you use. if you want to train in more aspects of the sport, why not? oh, n/m old post. now glynn has chain.

i was part of the mob. like to think i was one of the loudestm too.......i was one of the only out-of-garb people in it, i think. it was my first event, and i hadn't bought my garb yet.
Beoren
Bandit
Bandit

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2004
Realm: Loderia

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade