head/neck shots

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

head/neck shots

Postby Turin » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:24 pm

"Theoretical" situation:
Fighter A - flail user
Fighter B

Fighter A hits Fighter B in the neck with chain of his flail. Fighter B calls "neck" and recoils. Fighter A delivers a chest shot to B and walks away; confident is his kill.

Legal or illegal?
Sporting or unsporting?
Turin of Dunharrow
Squire to Sir Satanaka
Satanaka-sama no Gokenin
Turin
Mercenary
Mercenary

Started Fighting: 0- 6-2004
Realm: None

Postby Obryn » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:59 pm

Legally, it's just fine. Head shots don't count. There's no by-the-book mandatory time to let anyone collect themselves - hitter or hittee. Fighters who deliver frequent head/neck shots should, of course, (a) change weapons, (b) control better, or (c) stop fighting people who lead with their head or block shots upwards.

Sporting? I really can't tell from your brief description, but this is a rules questions forum not an honorable conduct forum. ;)

-O
Keeper Obryn Stoneshield
Chaplain - Brotherhood of the Falcon
Obryn
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Winfang » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:34 am

Obryn is right. Fighter B is still dead. I wouldn't say it's legal to headshot first and then throw a killing blow second, and I don't feel that's what Obryn meant.

Headshots are never legal. In the same light, ignoring killing blows isn't legal either.

Yes, that act is very UNsportsmen-like conduct. If Fighter A continues to do it then the Marshalls or Heralds need to address it.
Cniht Wigthegn of Avalon
Syr Winfang of Avalon

Concentrate...feel the Force flow. Through the Force, crazy **** you will see.
Winfang
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Nov 1995
Realm: Avalon
Unit: EBF
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword/Shield

Postby Obryn » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:02 pm

Winfang is on the money. Of course headshots themselves are illegal. :) What I was saying was that there's no mandatory back-off period delineated in the MoA.

It is not a good idea. When I read your question the first time, I misread it - I thought Fighter B delivered a killing blow after receiving a headshot.

-O
Keeper Obryn Stoneshield
Obryn
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Freyson » Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:59 am

* guys! There is no sport in the world where a foul results in a score. In the case put forth by Turin, no hits from the attacker would count after the illegal acts (hitting in an illegal zone, using an illegal part of a weapon). As soon as the target begins fighting again it is back to normal.
Freyson
Barbarian
Barbarian

Postby Obryn » Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:44 pm

Freyson wrote:* guys! There is no sport in the world where a foul results in a score. In the case put forth by Turin, no hits from the attacker would count after the illegal acts (hitting in an illegal zone, using an illegal part of a weapon). As soon as the target begins fighting again it is back to normal.

I know that this is your personal crusade, Freyson, but can you point out where in the Book of War it says this? That's the only foundation which should be used when we're answering questions in this forum.

If you want the rules changed, bring it up in War Council.

-O
Keeper Obryn Stoneshield
Obryn
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Return to Rules Questions