Grapple

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Grapple

Postby Loptr » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:11 am

I am fuzzy on what is accepatble forms of grapple.
I read earlier in the forum and the battle book but I am still fuzzy.

Are we talking any basic type of wrestling take downs etc, barring joint/nerve locks?

Is it basically any type of "throwing" one to the ground? What about not winding up on the ground.

Example I grab hold of Forkbeard and try to throw him down but fail miserably cause he is huge, we wrestle back n forth but are still standing how long can this go on? Assuming no one gets involved and punks one of us in the process.

Also basic take downs that involve tripping these are out right?

thanks for the clarification,

Loptr
Loptr
Gladiator
Gladiator

Realm: Acheron
Favorite Fighting Styles: Tappy Tappy
Seriously......

Postby Cyric » Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:44 pm

With grappling, you want to be as safe as possible. you can do controlled takedowns, but you want to consider the other person size, weight, equipment, etc... Most grappling that i have done/seen has been to either take a weapon away from your opponent, or to hold someone while someone else kills them. You don't want to just try and wing someone to the ground.

Some people are comfortable with rougher grappling than others. At a national event, though, just stick to the basics in grappling. Remember, we're not out to actually hurt anyone.

You are correct, no tripping, nerve holds, etc.

As for a standing grapple, it goes as long as it has to, until one of you win, or someone else runs by and kills you both.
Cyric
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 23 Aug 1999
Realm: Numenor
Unit: Knights of Numenor

Return to Rules Questions