Help me define tripping?

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Help me define tripping?

Postby Droviin » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:09 pm

I've been working on a very aggresive fighting style for dual wielding clubs. As I've been fighting against fast weapons I've been working on a way to slow the person down or get them to open up on their shield side. I've figured out that putting my foot between theirs unbalances a person enough for me to get some good shots in. However, I was told that was tripping, and I suppose it is to a certain degree. I was wondering if someone could clairify and tell me if this is a valid move.

I need to point out I am placing my leg there and pushing against their shield/weapon with my clubs to unsteady them. I am not pulling their leg out or anything of that nature.
-Droviin Va'Lorn
-Remember without Me it would just be Aweso!!
Droviin
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Kage » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:34 pm

No, that doesn't sound like tripping to me. Because other wise a check would count the same as a trip. Basically all you're doing is body checking them.
Kage
21st Knight of the Highlands of Chaos
Ebonhold
Coffee with Kage
Kage
Slayer
Slayer

Realm: Ebonhold

Postby Kegg » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:53 pm

Intentionally placing any part of your body or weapon so as to cause your opponent to trip is considered tripping and is not allowed (hard ground = injury).

Moving in such a way that increases the risk of your opponent falling (i.e. bashing, rapid movement, etc.) is not tripping. A spear shot thrown at a leg to score a hit, but incidentally causes a fall is not tripping.

The question you should ask is....

Are you doing what you are doing to try and make the person fall, or are you trying to score a hit or gain advantage.
Kegg

Started Fighting: 0- 0-1988

Postby Raccoon » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:13 pm

The problem is that there is nothing in the rules that mentions anything about tripping. So as long as you don't go against rule 3.6.3. No throws, unarmed strikes, or joint/nerve holds. Then you could technically trip anyone you want. The problem is it's a grey area so tt would probably be a herald's call at the time.
Raccoon
Venerable Librarian
Brotherhood of the Falcon
Self Declared King of Ohio
Avalon
Raccoon
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 18 Mar 1997
Realm: Avalon
Unit: Brotherhood of the Falcon
Favorite Fighting Styles: Anything I am using at the time