Middle ages meets middle earth?

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Middle ages meets middle earth?

Postby Orion Nomad » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:51 pm

Hi, I was wonderin where this Middle earth thing comes in as so far eccept for a few groups useing ME names. and some green face orcs.I see nothing
I have asked about
Mithril? what is ME with out mithril( the stainless steel 4mm wieled link type), I understand the whole idea about weight. but was'nt that was the thing about Mithril.
As far as the argument that it does not afford portection then who ever said that has'nt seen it. I have butted chain mail 35lbs and 70.00 for the shirt and yes it might stop a single knife attack but its not gonna stop much more unless you get the 400.00 to 500.00+ indivdualy rivited links. I bought the light stuff for my wife 4.5 lbs and 100.00 dollars for a shirt.
she works with psych patients, it goes under her smock and T shirt so I guess its still second hand but this stuff works broken bottles, forks,and straightend bed springs. just bruseing it works. I doubt this will change anything but I have become a beliver in this stuff + I am thinking I am getting too old to run around with 35lbs of CM draggin my sorry * down
Orion Nomad
Backstabber
Backstabber

Started Fighting: 0- 0-1983

Postby Kage » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:47 am

I assume you are talking about azon mail aka cheese mail. Sorry it has been banned because of new guage requirements that state that the wire used to make the links must be at least 18 guage to pass at events. Azon Mail happens to be, I think, in the 22 to 25 guage range.

My best suggestion is to lower that size of link and lower the guage to 18 if you want chain mail that is lighter than your 35 lbs stuff. My chain mail is made out of 18 guage. It hasn't been to an event yet but, only weighs about 10 to 12 lbs. Leave a post in Medieval Arts and Sciences if you would like more info on how I made it.
Kage
21st Knight of the Highlands of Chaos
Ebonhold
Coffee with Kage
Kage
Slayer
Slayer

Realm: Ebonhold

Return to Rules Questions