two questions

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

two questions

Postby debuenzo » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:07 am

okay....scenario

i get hit in my left arm and place it behind my back dropping its contents
a flanker flies in and does a sideways swing at my body but only hits my hand....what should i do?

similarly
if im wearing a buckler and lose that arm...is it okay if i put it behind my back along w/ the arm?...rather than unstrapping it
Brother of the Black Company
debuenzo
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 30 Aug 2003
Realm: Numenor
Unit: Black Company
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and shield

Postby Kyrian » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:14 pm

Your arm and hand are disabled. I prefer to think it as blow to the arm cutting the arm off and any subsequent blows to that arm counting as going through to the torso. Putting it behind your back is just a way for you to show the status of the target area without actually tearing your arm off. ;) If you received a blow to your hand behind your back, it was a shot to your back.

It's OK to put the buckler behind your back, i.e. not remove it, but you can't count it as a shield anymore since the arm is disabled.

Kyrian
"...change requires action, it doesn't just happen. Define your actions by how you think the game should be, not how the game is. The game will follow."--Big Jimmy
Kyrian
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 0- 8-1991
Realm: Andor
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board
florentine
archery
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Kyrax » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:29 pm

To expand a bit on Kyrian's comment about the buckler - my buckler is strapped onto my arm, so I can't readily drop it. So when I take a hit, the arm (and buckler go behind my back) and ANYTHING that touches the buckler or arm counts as a torso hit.

The only exception would be if my arm was pierced by a Class III (green) stabbing weapon or a missile weapon. In that case, a hack to that arm or the buckler would be considered to take out the arm, any further hits to the arm would be treated as above - as a hit to the torso.
Come to a California event, we only bite when we're Zombies!

Ignore Kyrax, he's old and slow.
Kyrax
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 30 May 1987
Realm: Pelargir-Mallenorod
Unit: Brotherhood of Mithris
Favorite Fighting Styles: Archery

Return to Rules Questions