Better arrows

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Better arrows

Postby Innurok » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:39 pm

my friend wanted to know if he could use his foam/spring/less impact arrow in belegarth. he came up with a design and everything...but it is very crude at the moment. He says that the spring loaded thingy reduces impact, but it is extremely complicated...

I can get tle plans and everthing, but who would i send it to? somebody can send me a private message with their e-mail and i could send it to them so they can somehow judge it to make sure it is safe...cause i dont want to take up a ton of memory to do this. well, if someone can get their e-mail to me that would be awesome. thx
Innurok
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Kyrax » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:11 pm

As you can tell from my signature line, I'm pretty conservative when it comes to safety issues in this game. And there is no single issue more fraught with safety concerns than arrows. I'm not the guy to send your questions to, but before you go too far you might want to answer one question:

How long has your innovative friend been using, repairing and making arrows in Belegarth?

If the answer is not long, or that they don't have much experience as a foamsmith let alone as a arrow maker in this game, my simple advice is that they not experiment with arrow designs until they are very, very experienced in how they are made now. Look up the "Experimental Weapons FAQ" - you can find it by using the search or looking in Nuke Belegarth - you'll find the same advice about creating new weapons designs before one knows intrinsically how safe ones are made.

Besides, all arrows in this game are spring-loaded - if you think of the compressable foam on the 'nickle' as the spring that slows down the arrow as it impacts. On the other hand, I hope that your friend isn't thinking of putting a metal spring on top of the 'nickle'.
Come to a California event, we only bite when we're Zombies!

Ignore Kyrax, he's old and slow.
Kyrax
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 30 May 1987
Realm: Pelargir-Mallenorod
Unit: Brotherhood of Mithris
Favorite Fighting Styles: Archery

Return to Rules Questions