Question about shoes

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Question about shoes

Postby Orion Nomad » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:47 pm

I relise period shoes / garb shoes are a tough thing to find, buy, steal, make, wear, play in, ect .
I have seen every kind foot wear you can name and wore several not period shooes as well as going barefoot alot . So despite my ideas about period garb thats not what my question/beef is about.

Q. Safety Boots with steel toes and guys who wear Cleats,(metal or non metal type)
A good Idea? or just a way to get an edge?

I recently was cleated at a non official event not once but twice.
Not on my period clad feet but once in the middle of my back and once half way up my leg. The first was because a combatant was not looking where he was going. A mistake but one that could have been a lot less painful. Me being dead he just ran over me.

The second was a feller who did one of those cool looking run jump and swing attacks the sword hit missed the cleat did not.

I have also seen a member (Name Unmentioned) who prefers to play hard, real hard. Who I have never seen loose his cool even when thourghly abused. Go balistic when he had his shield kicked repetedly by a guy in steal toes jaming it in to his Jaw and wrenching his arm.
Q. #2 Am I Just whineing or should there be a rule?
Orion Nomad
Backstabber
Backstabber

Started Fighting: 0- 0-1983

Return to Rules Questions