grab the stricking surface

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

grab the stricking surface

Postby Vohx the Fox » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:23 am

i know that with swords and glaives and axes it makes you lose the limb, but what about grabbing the striking surface of a club or mace? what does that do?

EDIT- RAGE!!!!! STILL CANT REPLY IN THIS ONE PERTION OF THE FORUMS!!!!
anyways, sorry bout that kage. what im refering to more than anything i guess is grappling someone or running up and trying to disarm them.
example: i run up to you, push thru your shield and then try to grab your hand or weapon handle, but instead grab the striking surface of your club/mace.
so would i lose my limb for that?
we had someone that had some **** homemade "maces", if you could call them that. and i was using one and he tried to grab it on combat, i said he should lose the limb, but wasnt 100% sure, so now im trying to get my knowledge up.
Last edited by Vohx the Fox on Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zwei ap Owen wrote:Even limp-wristed mouth-breathers who always pick Oddjob on Goldeneye multiplayer have mothers that love them.
Vohx the Fox
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2006
Realm: nomads
Favorite Fighting Styles: Florentine, S&B.

Re: grab the stricking surface

Postby Cyric » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:24 am

For the sake of simplicity, there is no difference between blunt and edged weapons. If you grab someone's mace head, you will lose that limb.
Knight of Numenor
Cyric
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 23 Aug 1999
Realm: Numenor
Unit: Knights of Numenor

Postby Kage » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:53 am

See this thread http://board.belegarth.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33066.

Your question is kind of vague. I am not sure whether you mean grabbing the striking surface of your weapon or your opponents. Either way the link could help.
Kage
21st Knight of the Highlands of Chaos
Ebonhold
Coffee with Kage
Kage
Slayer
Slayer

Realm: Ebonhold

Postby Big King Jimmy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:41 pm

Also, you'll do best to try to leave the mindset of weapons being a reflection of their real life counter parts. We call swords swords because they look like a sword if we were to pick something, not because in our game they slice open flesh. A lot of people refer to an omnidirectional sword (lightsabre) as a sword, for example, to them any blue might as well be a sword.
King of Dunharrow
Commander of Clan of the Hydra
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 5-2001
Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bat and Board, Archery, Spear

Postby Cyric » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:59 pm

Vohx the Fox wrote:EDIT- RAGE!!!!! STILL CANT REPLY IN THIS ONE PERTION OF THE FORUMS!!!!
anyways, sorry bout that kage. what im refering to more than anything i guess is grappling someone or running up and trying to disarm them.
example: i run up to you, push thru your shield and then try to grab your hand or weapon handle, but instead grab the striking surface of your club/mace.
so would i lose my limb for that?
we had someone that had some **** homemade "maces", if you could call them that. and i was using one and he tried to grab it on combat, i said he should lose the limb, but wasnt 100% sure, so now im trying to get my knowledge up.

1. You can't reply because only certain people have the ability to do so in this forum to limit the amount of bad information out there.

2. In your example, you would lose the limb.
Knight of Numenor
Cyric
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 23 Aug 1999
Realm: Numenor
Unit: Knights of Numenor

Return to Rules Questions