Grappling explanation ?

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Grappling explanation ?

Postby Djoske » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:17 am

I know this topic has been started(more than once) but i am still not clear on it.
Can i use my physical strenght,to knock down an opponent(without hurting him ofcourse) and when i grapple what can i do to disarm him ? can we wrestle or what?
I am a man who respects his heritage,we Serbs came from the Ancient Slavs,altho we took Christianity and lost our pagan gods,the fires of Slav people still burn in our veins.Our Order-The Neuri are the representatives of Serbian-Slavic culture and power....do not stand in our way.....
Djoske
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 30 Jan 1993
Realm: Dazbog
Unit: Neuri
Favorite Fighting Styles: Brawling with 2hand sword

Re: Grappling explanation ?

Postby Cyric » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:33 am

Yes, wrestling is allowed. the main rule is to be safe. if you are taking someone to the ground, make sure you are controlling their fall. Don't just throw people around. Don't punch or kick, and don't use joint locks. Disarms are done by trying to twist, push or pull the weapon out of someone's hand. The purpose of grappling is to gain a tactical advantage in a fight, not to hurt people. Be smart and use common sense.
Knight of Numenor
Cyric
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 23 Aug 1999
Realm: Numenor
Unit: Knights of Numenor

Re: Grappling explanation ?

Postby bo1 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:50 pm

common grapples are over a weapon. usually one person tries to get inside and get his back against the opponents chest, then press the weapon away stretching the opponent until thier grip fails.

let common sense be your guide.
Sir Beauregaurd Brutus Elevo
Knight of Rhun
High Commander of
Clan of the Hydra
That's Mr. Implacable to you.
If you disagree disrespectfully, the boards are a much better read.
Dane
bo1
The Nightbringer

Favorite Fighting Styles: whatever peter the quick is doing just like everyone else

Return to Rules Questions