Are These Legal? (Pic heavy)

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Are These Legal? (Pic heavy)

Postby SolidSam » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:24 pm

Just had our first realm craft day. All we ended up making was pommels :spear: The closest group told me they do both Dag and Belegarth, but they're a lot farther than I thought they'd be, so I thought my brothers and friends could start our own unofficial realm. Once we go to an event with matching garb, we'd be official and make a website and stuff.

I just wasn't sure if what we were working on was legal or not.

I have two questions on the pommels and tips that I'm working with. Note: all items in picture start from 6" mark on the ruler.

1. Is this pommel legal? It won't easily go more than half an inch through 2.5 inch ring, unless I turn it sideways.

2. Is this dagger tip legal? It also won't easily go through 2.5 inch ring when moving perpendicular, but diagonally, it will.

I've attached some more pictures so you can see what I'm working with. I forgot to mention I got the bigger footballs from Dollar Tree.

Any answers greatly appreciated.
SolidSam
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 15 Nov 2010
Favorite Fighting Styles: Hard and Fast.

Re: Are These Legal? (Pic heavy)

Postby Kage » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:14 pm

1.) In Belegarth the pommel cannot readily pass through a 2 inch hole. Striking surfaces are the only ones that really have to worry about the 2.5" rule.
1.3.3. Two and one-half inch rule-No surface on a striking edge (sword tip, arrow head, spear head, javelin head, etc.) whether designed for stabbing or not, may readily pass more than 0.5 inch through a 2.5 inch hole; swords with a semicircular tip, with a minimum 1.5 inch radius are exempt from this rule. See Appendix A, 1.4.4.2.
1.3.4. The Weapon pommel must not readily pass through a 2" diameter hole.

2.) That stab tip should be fine. I always check a weapon in how it should be used, so the diagonal check is from people just being overly critical. However is still has to conform to rule 1.3.3 listed above. Side note that foam you have used for the dagger tip will break down pretty quick with extended use so keep an eye on it. Bright side they are easy to tear off and replace.

Hope that helps. I'm another guy will be along to give you some more information.
Kage
21st Knight of the Highlands of Chaos
Ebonhold
Coffee with Kage
Kage
Slayer
Slayer

Realm: Ebonhold

Return to Rules Questions