Stab Only Sword

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Stab Only Sword

Postby Torix » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:14 am

I was at a dag event today, and my sword failed for slash (blue) but not for stab (green), so they let me use it as a green only weapon.

My question is:

Am i right in thinking that i can use it as a green only weapon at a bel event like chaos (as a backup in case my other sword fails for some reason)? It would basically either be a long dagger (about 2.5 feet long) or a very short spear- with a ton of courtesy foam and a short handle.

~Torix
Sir Torix the Lightbringer of Saracor
Knights of the Western Flame
Torix
Bandit
Bandit

Started Fighting: 20 Feb 2010
Realm: Saracor and Salamandastron
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board
Spear

Re: Stab Only Sword

Postby Kage » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:01 am

If it passes weapons check I don't see a problem with that, but that is all up to the weapons checkers.
Kage
21st Knight of the Highlands of Chaos
Ebonhold
Coffee with Kage
Kage
Slayer
Slayer

Realm: Ebonhold

Postby Cyric » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:09 am

i would fail the whole weapon if it fails blue, since the primary attack of the sword is to slash.
Knight of Numenor
Cyric
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 23 Aug 1999
Realm: Numenor
Unit: Knights of Numenor

Postby Squire Moxk » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:44 am

Cyric wrote:i would fail the whole weapon if it fails blue, since the primary attack of the sword is to slash.

I would fail it initially when it's first put through check, but nothing in the rules states anything about a primary attack of a weapon. As a weapon checker I would make a person display that the blade is non striking by putting tape on the blades if they want it to pass as only green, and i would make them bring it to me as such, but if they want it passed as only green there is no reason why they couldn't.
Dunharrow
Amyr
Squire Moxk
Thug
Thug

Started Fighting: 0- 4-2001
Realm: Dunharrow
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword/Round

Postby Cyric » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:00 am

it also depends on why it failed blue in the first place. if its a structural issue, then the whole sword should fail. if its just the hit test, then maybe it would be ok.if it was taped on both sides i guess it would be fine, but i would be really hesitant to let it out onto the field. were it to be dropped and picked up by someone else, chances are it could get swung without someone noticing. as a weapon checker, i would fail the whole thing.
Knight of Numenor
Cyric
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 23 Aug 1999
Realm: Numenor
Unit: Knights of Numenor

Return to Rules Questions