Two and a half inch question (1.3.3)

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Two and a half inch question (1.3.3)

Postby Akroth » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:55 pm

1.3.3. Two and one-half inch rule-No surface on a striking edge (sword tip, arrow head, spear head, javelin head, etc.) whether designed for stabbing or not, may readily pass more than 0.5 inch through a 2.5 inch hole; swords with a semicircular tip, with a minimum 1.5 inch radius are exempt from this rule. See Appendix A, 1.4.4.2.

In our realm, we have a player who uses a bearded axe, similar to the one I drew below. I believe it fails this rule, but I need clarification.

The examples given in this rule are all referring to the tip of a weapon (In my diagram, "A")? Does it apply to the entire striking edge, including the bottom of the striking edge ("B")?

EDIT: The image was as an example only and isn't really proportioned the way the weapon is. I realize that "A" failing the rule would definitely cause the weapon to fail. My question is, would "B" passing more than half an inch through a 2.5 inch hole be grounds for a failure?
Last edited by Akroth on Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ranting about the BoW so you don't have to.
More rants here: http://board.belegarth.com/viewforum.php?f=66
Akroth
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 19 Apr 2009
Realm: Thunder Guard
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board, spear

Re: Two and a half inch question (1.3.3)

Postby Derian » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:05 pm

Technically speaking. both points of that axe fail.

I would definitely fail it for point A. Depending on actual measurements,. point B might get some more leniency, though it's unlikely. To be on the safe side, any/all points that might come near an opponents face should meet the 2.5" rule.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Return to Rules Questions