Arrow Length?

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Arrow Length?

Postby Grey Ogre » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:40 am

So, the DGMA is about to be making ALOT of arrows, and before we get going theres been a question going about: will we need draw stops?

The length of the arrow, before the head, is going to end up being just over 27" in shave length, topped with an edhellen arrow kit.

However, some people have told me that certain weapon checkers will fail any arrow that doesnt have a draw stop on it.... even if it cant be drawn more than 28". This seems a bit ridiculous...

Then i saw this in the BoW:

1.4.8.4. A draw stop is required to prevent an arrow from being drawn more than 28 inches.

Now, does this mean a stop is always, always, always required? Or does it mean- as many of us at first assumed- that it must have a stop only if it could be drawn farther than 28" in order to prevent this from happening?
I like people, that doesnt mean I cant tell that some have multi-classed to much into idiot, and now are an ineffective build.
Grey Ogre
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 0- 9-2005
Realm: Stygia
Unit: DGMA
Favorite Fighting Styles: Red, Sword+Board.

Re: Arrow Length?

Postby Cyric » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:57 am

As long as the arrow can't be drawn more than 28 inches, then it doesn't need a draw stop.
Knight of Numenor
Cyric
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 23 Aug 1999
Realm: Numenor
Unit: Knights of Numenor

Postby bo1 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:13 pm

the drazw stop can be the can of the arrow. i have a bunch of solid fiberglass arrows trhat measure 27.5 at the can.
Sir Beauregaurd Brutus Elevo
Knight of Rhun
High Commander of
Clan of the Hydra
That's Mr. Implacable to you.
If you disagree disrespectfully, the boards are a much better read.
Dane
bo1
The Nightbringer

Favorite Fighting Styles: whatever peter the quick is doing just like everyone else

Postby Derian » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:14 pm

Echoing Cyric here. If someone fails your arrow for not having a draw stop even though it cannot be drawn more than 28", then they are 100% wrong.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Return to Rules Questions