Trapped weapon

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Trapped weapon

Postby Deisu » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:16 pm

Hello, I am three finger's Deisu. I run a realm out of green bay Wisconsin named Alstroth, it's basically brand new but we have some good talent and good guys and girls. Now yesterday was our most recent practice and I ran into something I didn't know how to call. I've done some searches and got close but the situation seems pretty unique and I'm at a loss. So i could use some advice to make sure I teach my people the right things.

Alright so I'm nursing a right wrist sprain and a left pinky finger sprain (hence three fingers, and am going to take a break from fighting to heal) so lately I've been fighting single blue left handed, working on footwork, but we were playing kill your killer and my right wrist was feeling pretty good so mid way through, still alive and half way through my foes I picked up one of the round straps and did my thing until it was me and one other foe. This kill nets me the win, he is a lefty who's decent at sword N board and i'm terrible at it most time except today apparently.

I get a leg, he gets a leg, I can't land a wrap or anything so remembering something is saw Peter the Quick do online in a tutorial about shield fighting and I let him swing wide, open his guard, slide my shield edge behind his, and using my good leg I jump on him. As we're falling his shield gets in the way of me swinging so I try to stab his side, miss and get my flat caught under his shoulder. My shield Is on his torso and sword arm blocking his arm from generating enough force to hurt me.

Now I can't figure out this bit; he is on the flat of my blade but I'm grinding the edges into his shoulderblade and arm but I can't swing for sufficient force at all. Do I go with the rules on grappling relating to grappling a weapon and have him take the arm or go with sufficient force (which I did) and have him take no damage?

I killed him by rolling/scrambling/jumping off and grabbing a nearby short spear.

Thanks in advance,

Deisu
Deisu
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 0- 2-2010
Realm: Alstroth
Unit: Iceclaw Army
Favorite Fighting Styles: Florentine, Buckler & Sword, Sword

Re: Trapped weapon

Postby bo1 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:08 pm

well without a video, the best guess i can lend would be you are both alive until he grapples your blade or you land a shot with sufficent force.

it sounds like the blade just got jumbled up in the mix and pinned there, not him grappling your weapon. grappling the weapon activley would result in loss of limb, hence death with leg already gone.

hope that helps.
Sir Beauregaurd Brutus Elevo
Knight of Rhun
High Commander of
Clan of the Hydra
That's Mr. Implacable to you.
If you disagree disrespectfully, the boards are a much better read.
Dane
bo1
The Nightbringer

Favorite Fighting Styles: whatever peter the quick is doing just like everyone else

Return to Rules Questions