legal foam layers

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

legal foam layers

Postby Purgatory » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:22 pm

ive been building a lot of weapons and shields.. our group is growing. there has been questions though on the amount of foam on striking surfaces, and on shield fronts.

the way i do it is on shields theres one piece of blue camp a layer of open cell and then another layer of blue camp. the edges are 3 layers of blue camp.

the weapons are 3 on striking surfaces though we have a few that has 2 and hits just as well, no feeling of pvc but i heard that it has to be the 3 layers. im trying to find that rule and i cant seem to. i know the wiki says how to make it but i donno about the actual /rule/

i also read that stabbing tips fail with out being yoga mat. we use open cell under a later of blue camp and on top of 2 layers . is that legal? i havent found a rule that say it isnt and we stab pretty hard no ones got hurt yet.

the BoW doesn't give specifics like these and i have no one to really ask or go to that knows thanks for any advice in advanced.
Poppy the daughter of Lord Greed, Admin to Purgatory in Grimmwood.
Purgatory
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 17 Sep 2008
Realm: Grimmwood
Unit: Purgatory
Favorite Fighting Styles: we have it all-even rocks

Re: legal foam layers

Postby Peregrine » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:27 am

there no rule as to how many layers you have to have, the weapon needs to padded enough to pass hit test and template. If you are using blue camp pad, then three layers is good for blue swords. You may need more for red. shield should have three or more depending on what you are using for core. I like to see four on the edge.
something about polyvinylchloride leaching into the brain, causing slow reactions and high crossing. -Sir Beauregaurd-

Sir Peregrine the Paragon of Paladins
Thengel of Muxlovia.
Loyal brother in arms to Sir Beauregaurd

Clan of the Hydra
Peregrine
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Oct 2004
Realm: Muxlovia
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board
florentine