Shin checking incedental padding

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Shin checking incedental padding

Postby Flynn Cu Maige » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:06 pm

Our realm is filled with the bigger is better sickness. basically almost every noob here fights red. i fight twins and snb.

now then, last week a kid came at me with a short glaive. he swung about hip level and being a twin fighter i quickly closed, however because i had just finished training that morning i instinctivly fired a shin check that solidly stopped his weopon cleanly on the incedent padding. for those unfamiliar a shin check is the act of bringing your knee up to about solar plexus level and pointing your foot down,creating a wall to cushion a kick. it is not a strike in any way shape or form. so my question is... did i legally block that red strike??

also if it is legal i dont recommend it to everyone. im a kickboxer so the calcium deposits in my shins allow me to do it. i dont think its as simple for every one, which is another reason i wanted to bring it up. its like making a weapon that only one person knows how to use. so im fully prepared for it to be illegal i just wanna kjnow for sure so i can educate the guys here. thanks.
Once you have taken a few punches and realized your not made of glass,you don't feel alive unless your pushing yourself as far as you can go.
Flynn Cu Maige
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 01 Jun 2008
Realm: Talinor
Unit: Order of Endor
Favorite Fighting Styles: Red,Two Weapon, S&B, Archery.

Re: Shin checking incedental padding

Postby Derian » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:12 pm

It's definitely legal. As long as the striking surface doesn't hit you with sufficient force, you're golden.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Return to Rules Questions