magnetic weapon holder

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

magnetic weapon holder

Postby Myles » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:47 am

So Iv been playing around with the idea of putting a magnet inside of a hollow cored weapon and then also placing a magnet on the inside of my armor on my shoulder so I can quickly pull out a short weapon for when I am rushed. I was just wondering about the legality of this. I know that there is no metal cores but I know of people putting lead weights inside of cores to counter balance their weapons so I was unsure of the legality of this. I would also be worried about people thinking I was using a metal core at weapons checks. I cant think of how this could become dangerous because the magnets would allow the weapon to come off with ease if I was pushed down in a grapple though it would stay on enough that when walking it would not just fall off ether. I was also wondering if the same could be done with a shield so it could be turned into and easily removed buckler as well as a small strap shield though for the shield the magnets would need to be much stronger just wondering on the legality of all this nonsense. Also all magnets would be properly covered and padded. This is ether really stupid or really smart. I hope the latter.
Thank you who ever answers this post.
Myles
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 13 Mar 2010
Realm: Anduril
Unit: Guild of Dragons
Favorite Fighting Styles: Red and turtle shield

Re: magnetic weapon holder

Postby Cyric » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:44 am

It probably isn't illegal, but it would have to get through weapon check.

However, i don't think it will work.
Knight of Numenor
Cyric
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 23 Aug 1999
Realm: Numenor
Unit: Knights of Numenor

Return to Rules Questions