Adventures in Grappling: leg trapping a weapon

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Adventures in Grappling: leg trapping a weapon

Postby Deisu » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:07 am

So Wednesday was our weekday practice. We were running single blue duels as part of our usual practice routine and something interesting happened surrounding a grapple. My opponent managed to get on top of me and draw the dagger from my holster, and kill me with it, more power to him for his badassery.

However as we scrambled around like wet noodles trying to gain a grappling advantage my sword blade got caught behind my opponent's knee, between calf and thigh. Now for pinned swords between arm and body is a lost arm so after the fight I considered the implications and suggested he probably lost the leg. Note no sufficient force was achieved in the process, just entrapment of an opponent's striking surface.

I'd just like to confirm my ruling was the right one.

In response to Kage: That's not quite the case, I still was holding the handle and it got caught while I was attempting to throw a wrap to his back as he ended up on top of me. I presume i struck him, insufficiently, on the thigh during which his legs were closing to kneel. I only let go of the sword after i realized i couldn't wrench it free.
Last edited by Deisu on Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deisu
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 0- 2-2010
Realm: Alstroth
Unit: Iceclaw Army
Favorite Fighting Styles: Florentine, Buckler & Sword, Sword

Re: Adventures in Grappling: leg trapping a weapon

Postby Kage » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:38 pm

Sounds like no one had control of the weapon, if there was there the sword wouldn't gotten caught, and as you said no sufficient force so I would say his leg was fine.
Kage
21st Knight of the Highlands of Chaos
Ebonhold
Coffee with Kage
Kage
Slayer
Slayer

Realm: Ebonhold

Return to Rules Questions