Weapons On Field/Personal Weapons

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Weapons On Field/Personal Weapons

Postby Tepes » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:58 pm

I can't seem to find the rules on this particular type of thing. Could anyone fill me in or link me to it? I would appreciate it, thanks.

What I wanted to know is that if someone is dead, but they still have their weapon on head, if it is in the rules that someone alive is allowed to take, irregardless to personal weaponry/not wishing that person to take your weapon.

What had happened is that someone claimed it was in the rules that it is allowed to take someone's weapon if they are dead. Period the end.

I want to find out the ruling on said, "rule". If what you say is true, then I have learned what I needed. Thanks.
Last edited by Tepes on Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tepes
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 04 Oct 2010

Re: Weapons On Field/Personal Weapons

Postby Derian » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:19 pm

What are you looking for? Are you looking for rules about who can or cannot use a particular weapon? The BoW doesn't cover that; it's more common sense and courtesy to other fighters.

Edit your post if you need further clarification.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Re: Weapons On Field/Personal Weapons

Postby Derian » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:57 am

In response to your edit, no, the Book of War does not permit that.

However, it doesn't disallow it either. The rulebook is intentionally sparse to allow for simplicity, so it's usually assumed that you can pick up discarded weapons.

That said, if you really, really do not want someone to use your weapon, just tell them so and take it off the field. That's cool most of the time, but if you're letting team mates use your weapon but * if someone from the opposing team wants to use it, that isn't cool.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Return to Rules Questions