Boffer Frogs

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Boffer Frogs

Postby Kansas » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:48 pm

Let me first put a disclaimer to this post. I did use the search function and the site:board.belegarth.com search functions to answer my question. Both of them gave me either zero answers for "boffer frog" or 500+ answers for the search term boffer frog.

My question is this. Are boffer/sword frogs with a sword attached allowed for play on the field? Secondly, if someone strikes does the sword being held by the frog which is attached to a belt, is the strike considered a legal strike to the leg? I understand the mechanics of hand on weapon and I would assume that the frogged weapon would not count as "garb." Thanks for the clarification.
Kansas
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 23 Sep 2009
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board.

Re: Boffer Frogs

Postby Derian » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:53 pm

As long as they're not otherwise unsafe, yes, they're totally fine. A number of people use them.

If you have a weapon attached to your person in some way (that isn't held in a hand), generally any strike to the weapon is considered to travel through the weapon. Most often this counts as a hit to the leg/body/whatever. This rule is necessary to prevent people from covering themselves in what essentially amounts to unbreakable armor.

Edit your original post if you need any clarification.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Return to Rules Questions