Weapon Catching?

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Weapon Catching?

Postby Full_Metalix » Wed May 16, 2012 2:53 pm

Okay, so I'm not the oldest of fighters and but I'm not a very new one either. Now some guys and I are making a unit, not a big deal. But the guy who's been voted leader has been claiming he can "catch" weapons against his body and claiming no downside. Now this sounds mighty fishy to me and with a quick look over the BoW it seems that it would be a hand on weapon and he looses it. But the way he does it is if you hit him in the chest he'll pull in his arm to pin it there claiming that it has no ill effects on him. Then he claims that people all over fight like this. He says that he was a partial leader of Wolf Pack in Bloomington for a while and they all said this was legal. I mean, I really think that this isn't legal. Can I please get a clarification? I mean, maybe I'm just a rules lawyer but I really, really think that that's not legal.
Edit:
His name was Andru. I don't know if he had any fighter name, or what it was. I'd like to believe he wasn't lying about it, but I assume if he was a leader people would know his real name.
Last edited by Full_Metalix on Wed May 16, 2012 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vash The Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.

Vash The Stampede: [singing] Total slaughter, total slaughter. I won't leave a single man alive. La de da de die, genocide. La de da de dud, an ocean of blood. Let's begin the killing time.
Full_Metalix
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 01 Jul 2009

Re: Weapon Catching?

Postby Cyric » Wed May 16, 2012 3:25 pm

Unless he's catching the haft of a weapon, he's cheating.

Wolfpack doesn't play this way, nor does anyone else. i doubt this person was a "partial leader" in pack.
Knight of Numenor
Cyric
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 23 Aug 1999
Realm: Numenor
Unit: Knights of Numenor

Postby Derian » Wed May 16, 2012 6:27 pm

Seconding everything Cyric said. What's this dude's name? If he had any influence in WP, then there will be several people who can confirm his involvement.

You won't be able to reply, so feel free to edit your post if you need any other clarification.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Postby Davit » Thu May 17, 2012 3:58 pm

Unless he's from a long time ago before people actually fought here he is wrong, Wolfpack has never fought by disregarding rules. However I will check with people older than me, so before 11 years ago, to see if they had anyone by this name in the realm before I started being a regular.
House Hellhammer
Defender of the Stein
The Psycho with the Flail
Knight of Wolfpack
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."- Confucius
Davit
Double Post Eradicator

Return to Rules Questions