What constitutes a grapple.

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

What constitutes a grapple.

Postby Guy Leslo Jans » Fri May 25, 2012 11:53 am

Soooooo...... At practice the other day, in my armor, an opponent got way too close and I pulled a dagger. I was then later chastised for grappling an unarmored opponent, because I used an elbow on his shield to stop his charge, and stabbed him at such an angle he could not throw a wrap around my arm. I never grabbed him, struck him, or took his weapon, my opponent was too close to fight any other way in a standing position.

So my question simply is "What exactly constitutes a grapple? What exactly constitutes initiating?"

The BoW only covers whats illegal, so Ive' been operating by way of, Grapple=Grab, or hand to hand

Edit: I found a post that vaguely covers this, stating a grapple is grabbing a person. Now, I still need a little more clarification on Initiating. It may sound noobstyle, but I would still appreciate further clarification on both of these.

Re edit: Thank you for the concise clarification.
Last edited by Guy Leslo Jans on Thu May 31, 2012 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foot loose and shoe free.
Soo...what's the story?
Wielder of the Sharpened Spade
Guy Leslo Jans
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 0- 4-2005
Realm: Alavara
Unit: Ranger Corps
Favorite Fighting Styles: Wayhay too close! Too friendly to.

Re: What constitutes a grapple.

Postby Davit » Fri May 25, 2012 3:41 pm

You are free to grab weapons, excluding where the opponents hands are, or shields without initiating a grapple. Once you have grabbed any part of a person you have initiated grapple.
House Hellhammer
Defender of the Stein
The Psycho with the Flail
Knight of Wolfpack
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."- Confucius
Davit
Double Post Eradicator

Return to Rules Questions