Rocks with streamers

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Rocks with streamers

Postby newbiefourtyseven » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:08 pm

I've seen some rocks recently that are made in such a way, that there's extra fabric on one side, kind of like a ribbon, or something, going for about maybe 10 inches. Its long enough to swing the rocks, some folks have sworn it improves distance to hold it by the streamer and throw it that way, kind of like using it as a sling.

It technically is still only foam and cloth, and of proper diameter.

I was wondering if there were any unofficial national level rules about that? Is it common, is it accepted at national level events? If it is allowed by that, how long can the streamers be?

Edit: Thanks for the info, and I so totally agree.
Last edited by newbiefourtyseven on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have not heard anything good about this group. They are one of a small number of realms around the country who seem to think that nerking combat and using **** weapons make it "fun" for their members. It seems to me they mean sucking at fighting is "fun" for them.

FB
newbiefourtyseven
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 01 Mar 2012
Realm: Unaffiliated
Unit: None
Favorite Fighting Styles: Shield(r)+Javelin(l), right handed.

Re: Rocks with streamers

Postby Cyric » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:28 am

I would say

1.5. Prohibited Weapons:
1.5.1. Entangling Weapons (nets, lassos)

would cover that. 10 inches is enough fabric to get wrapped around someone, and since you're throwing it at people's heads, it could hit someone in the eye. I would not allow them, and it's not just because i'm from Numenor.
Knight of Numenor
Cyric
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 23 Aug 1999
Realm: Numenor
Unit: Knights of Numenor

Return to Rules Questions