Announcing your stab

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Announcing your stab

Postby Bear » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:43 pm

I have been using my spear for quite a while now and I have noticed some confusion come up on whether or not I must announce one or two handed. Normally I am fairly good at distinguishing between double and single handed strikes by announcing them to my opponents but every now and then I either get caught up or over concentrated and will forget to say one or the other. Because of this I have had people in armor tell me they were not going to take the shot because I didn't say what kind of stab it was even if they saw and knew it was with two hands all because I forgot to announce it so they "only had to take it as a single green". It was my understanding that as per the rules it didn't matter what, if anything, I said because I am only telling you what I hit you with for clarification.

Am I correct in this line of thought or am I just talking out my butt?
Psychedelic Saturn
Bear
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 10 Apr 2010
Realm: Pyke the Iron Port
Unit: God Squad
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear
Red
Sword and Board
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Announcing your stab

Postby Cyric » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:25 pm

It's generally considered good form to call when you are two handed stabbing someone in armor. it's still up to them to take the shot. Or, inform them that it was a one handed stab if you hit a person in armor.
Knight of Numenor
Cyric
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 23 Aug 1999
Realm: Numenor
Unit: Knights of Numenor

Re: Announcing your stab

Postby Kage » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:43 pm

If your opponent knows and saw it was a two handed stab and fails to take it because you didn't say "double green" then they are cheating. It's honor system so you can't make them take it, but they are still cheating if they don't take it. If they keep it up aim for the junk. I'm sure they will take that.
Kage
21st Knight of the Highlands of Chaos
Ebonhold
Coffee with Kage
Kage
Slayer
Slayer

Realm: Ebonhold

Return to Rules Questions