Flail rules

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Flail rules

Postby Orion Nomad » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:18 pm

Flails
Ok so I am thinking of biulding a couple of these.
But I have been rollong some thoughts around and befor I start cuttin and gluein I would like to get things clear.

Thought number one is. How long/short must your handle be?
Could a long handle make this a red weapon?

Thought number two. Historicaly the flail was different from the Morning star that we usualy see on our fields today.
How about mutipul heads?

Thought number three. How long /big can the head be ?
I under stand the connecting chain rule.
But can the piece in the Bag be a bit longer/bigger? Not a Nunchuck item, but an all foam kinda thingy.
Thank you for you time and help.
Orion Nomad
Backstabber
Backstabber

Started Fighting: 0- 0-1983

Re: Flail rules

Postby Derian » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:38 pm

Reading over the section on flails would have answered your questions, but here you go anyways:

Handles can essentially be any length you wish as long as it conforms to these rules:

A flails overall length must not exceed 40 inches.
The unpadded handle length must not exceed the longer of 18" or 1/3rd of the weapon's length. Since flails are first limited to 40 inches, the longest unpadded section you can have is 18", but you'll want to have the upper portion of the haft padded or it likely won't pass weapons check.

Flails are, regardless of length, always a Class I (Blue) weapon.

Flails are also limited to one hinge, so this will, by extension, limit you to only one head.

The head can be as long as you'd like as long as the chain does not exceed 6". I've seen legal flails where the length of the head is longer than the length of the haft. Not a problem, except it probably won't be a very effective weapon.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Return to Rules Questions