Double hit to leg

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Double hit to leg

Postby akupyro » Sat May 17, 2014 4:47 pm

Good afternoon or good morning depending on the time you read this. I tried to search the forums, but alas, my keyword magic foo in not strong in the force. So to the question. What does a double hit (2 solid hits in quick succession) to a leg constitute before they have a chance to take a leg/ kneel to show the hit? I know that hits to a dead leg are ignored, but I also know if you are kneeling on both, a shot to either goes to the good one (which ever it is). My thought was the second shot would go through as both legs are up, (such in a roll, lunge, etc) mainly due to not being able to show which is the good leg like the kneeling rule. Just wanted to get the general consensus of the community as what I think and what is the ruling can be a bit different. If I was not clear, please let me know, and thank you with this question in advance.

PS: If there is another thread on this already, can you link it? Search on the forum and Google did not offer any help at the time of posting. I know, it hates me.
I keep getting killed, but for some odd reason there is a respawn.
akupyro
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 01 Jul 2005
Realm: Beornve
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board

Re: Double hit to leg

Postby Cyric » Sat May 17, 2014 5:08 pm

If you get hit twice to a leg before you can get to the ground, you are dead.
Knight of Numenor
Cyric
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 23 Aug 1999
Realm: Numenor
Unit: Knights of Numenor

Re: Double hit to leg

Postby Derian » Sat May 17, 2014 5:34 pm

Yes, Cyric's answer is absolutely correct. This is one case where there is no regional interpretation of the rule. Two successive hits (of sufficient force) to a single leg before the target takes a knee equals death.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Return to Rules Questions