Cover repair?

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Cover repair?

Postby Polar » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:32 pm

Hi my names Polar ive been fighting for a few years now but just started to repair a few weapons and was wondering if there are any rules that I'm missing on sward covers as I have a fairly large hole at the end of one of my blues and was wondering if I'm able to just patch it with another pice of cloth and sowe it on? I haven't seen any other fighters do this so I just assumed either there is a rule I missed or they just don't want a patches on their weapons
I dont like to post much but when I do I post on the Belegarth forums.
Polar
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 12 Sep 2011
Realm: Rhun
Favorite Fighting Styles: 1.Sword and Board
2.Florentine
3.NA

Re: Cover repair?

Postby Reverend » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:18 pm

Polar wrote:Hi my names Polar ive been fighting for a few years now but just started to repair a few weapons and was wondering if there are any rules that I'm missing on sward covers as I have a fairly large hole at the end of one of my blues and was wondering if I'm able to just patch it with another pice of cloth and sowe it on? I haven't seen any other fighters do this so I just assumed either there is a rule I missed or they just don't want a patches on their weapons

You're fine to do that.

Generally, as long as it isn't dog-earing or have a ton of frayed/loose thread kicking about, you'll be fine.

Most people don't patch because it's about the same amount of time/effort to make a new cover as it would be to patch.

But there's nothing to prevent you from patching (I have a few patched covers myself).

If you have additional questions, please edit your original post.
Oderint Dum Metuant
Reverend
Slayer
Slayer

Return to Rules Questions