Arrow question

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Arrow question

Postby Wisp, the Wyrd » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:21 pm

A member from my realm brought up that they were going to make arrows of an aluminum core, and I was quick to point out the rule of no weapon shall have a metal core. Another member said he brought it up with his weapon checker friend and they said it was allowed because no rule was in place specifically banning it. I was again quick to bring up the rule.

It's been awhile since my last event, so is this some unwritten rule that hasn't made the BoW yet? Or am I in the right about disallowing a metal core in one of the few head legal weapons in this game?

Added- I have received some input and been directed to the geddon page mentioning aluminum arrows. So now I just want to know why this isn't anywhere in the BoW to prevent such confusion? Should it be brought up come in next voting period?
Realm leader of Malkier
Member of the Northern Alliance
Wisp, the Wyrd
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 03 Oct 2010
Realm: Malkier
Unit: Northern Alliance
Favorite Fighting Styles: Outrageous

Re: Arrow question

Postby Reverend » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:41 pm

Rules as written, no weapon can have a metal core and so aluminum arrow shafts are a violation of the rules.

However, precedent says that it'll be allowed to slide unless the weapon checker/marshal decides to be a * at a multi-realm event.

At local practice, you can just say that it's your house rule to allow it.

So... yes, you are 100% completely right and anyone who says otherwise needs to get the rules fixed. But, in actuality, bringing this up is probably not going to convince anyone.
Oderint Dum Metuant
Reverend
Slayer
Slayer

Return to Rules Questions