Tortion and Sling powered "crossbow"?

Straight Answers From Knowledgeable People

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Tortion and Sling powered "crossbow"?

Postby Big Red of Norcalia » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:01 pm

New here. i have been developing a number of crossbows, and have built several prototypes. the first is a torsion crossbow. similar to a handheld Ballista. I'm pretty sure its too bulky to be effective. In that pursuit i developed another crossbow. this one is powered by latex bands. Its essentially a speargun. The way its designed, i can regulate poundage by tensioning the rubber. my only worry is that its got a couple of pulleys. they where added as a safety feature so that the rubber wouldn't fly all over the place when it fires. it also is part of the tentioning mechanism. it's the only effective crossbow I've been able to develop, as all pre-made bow arms i can find breach the 50# mark. i think that i could dress the bow up to look more dwarf tech-ish? ill post pictures in a bit. Constructive advise and thoughts are welcome.

Big Red of Norcalia
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2012
Realm: Norcalia
Favorite Fighting Styles: Red, Sword and Board, Archery

Re: Tortion and Sling powered "crossbow"?

Postby Derian » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:07 am

It's hard to tell what's going on with those pictures as they're pretty small res. Any chance of getting some larger ones?

I'm unclear about what you mean by the pulleys without the pictures, but I would be cautious about straying in to compound bow territory.

That said, I personally (and I think lots of other people) would love to see our crossbow rules changed to allow then actually function in our game. Once the current voting period settles down, it may be time to revisit this.

BTW, you will need to edit your original post in order to add additional info.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Return to Rules Questions