Fiberglass Poles on Amazon?

Making Weapons and Shields

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Fiberglass Poles on Amazon?

Postby Mattshark89 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:02 am

I'm looking for materials to construct my first sword (using the geddon site for instructions), but I cannot find a way to obtain .5" fiberglass rods locally. Resorting to online purchases, the only fiberglass poles that I've been able to find on Amazon are either out of stock or just plain expensive. I'm mostly wanting to use Amazon because I have prime to avoid the $20 shipping fees I would pay for shipping on just about every other site.

Does anyone know any sources I could obtain .5" fiberglass rods from Amazon?

Edit: Would this ground mount work? https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00XJM8RXS/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1513318959&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=fiberglass+pole&dpPl=1&dpID=21hsIGmp8YL&ref=plSrch
Mattshark89
Recruit
Recruit

May have just found one locally...

Postby Mattshark89 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:46 am

...Okay, I think I just found a rod that would work locally...

Still, in case these won't work (And for others with the same question), is there an Amazon fiberglass product that anyone recommends?
Mattshark89
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Fiberglass Poles on Amazon?

Postby Sir Thurat » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:05 pm

Those posts are probably mesh fiberglass, and won't hold up. If you aren't looking to do a big order, ordering from somewhere like www.forgedfoam.com will be your best bet. They can cut the core for you if you don't have the capabilities, which will also save on shipping, and they're all around good dudes.

Otherwise, I order my fiberglass from Kencove.
Realm of Carthage War Council Representative
Knight of Oldcastle
Realm Map Curator
Master Seneschal
Sir Thurat
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 02 Apr 2006
Realm: Carthage
Unit: Clan of the Hydra

Return to Foam Smithing