Where to get weapons?

Making Weapons and Shields

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Where is your favorite place to buy foam weapons?

edhellen
40%
ebay
No votes
amazon
No votes
home made
60%
other (if so, please post telling me)
No votes

Total votes : 20

Where to get weapons?

Postby Aganon » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:35 pm

Where (other than edhellen) can I get already built foam weapons?
I thought about ebay, but I can't find any that would be for belegarth. What should I put in to find ones that work for belegarth at ebay/amazon?
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
Aganon
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Od1n » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:46 pm

Just make your own, it's easy.

Incase you haven't seen it http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/alcon/construction.html

that's where I got started. Also if you kids down in union need help getting started maybe we can come from Portland and Bend and help you guys out, or you could always travel to us.
I am Odin
Od1n
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Jan 1921

Postby Aganon » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:29 pm

Yeah, that would be sweet. We haven't even had our first meeting yet though, so, I think we should get a little organized before that happend. :blush: But anyways,,,

I am working on making a spear right now, it seemed like the easiest, and my brother has already made a blue sword. We are all pretty much thinking of just buying kits off of edhellen, and then having a "weapon making party" as I have heard them called.
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
Aganon
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Aganon » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:31 pm

by the way, you look ferocious in your picture. :P Is that really you?

also, thanks for the help so far.
Aganon
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Aganon » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:32 pm

and yes, I have been to that site. wonderfully helpful. thank you :)
Aganon
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Od1n » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:42 pm

No that's not me in my Avatar, it's from the shining. There will be an event here in Portland where you guys can get all your stuff checked and can hang out and learn some new stuff.

It's called Western Wars and will be in April sometime. Hopefully you guys will still be around then.
I am Odin
Od1n
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Jan 1921

Postby Brute » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:19 pm

Frist off, its western wars is in may. secondly, that is bish in his picture, its what he does on fridays.
Action Abraham
Faticus the Bland: The Wizard Council's Master of Cantrips and other lesser magics.
God Squad for life!
Brute
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 07 Apr 2003
Realm: Tir na nog
Unit: God Squad
Favorite Fighting Styles: Duel Crunk

Postby Aganon » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:51 pm

ok, I will try to look into it,
thank you.
Aganon
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Rizts » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:28 am

home made is the best becouse if it brakes you know you dident just wast 40 bucks on it you just used 25-30 and you would save by making them at home 8)
Rizts
Recruit
Recruit

Postby kohntre » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:40 am

home made is not necc the best, and I make all my own, but he is correct the benefit of making your own would imply you can fix your own, and others. there is also pride in making your own. there is also the i'f its made well it shouldnt need much repair', and that can come from buying weapons made with better(more expensive) materials and by people who we hope have been making them longer and better then our own selves. there is no best, just preference

getover it,around it, or through it. -mine
kohntre
Mercenary
Mercenary

Return to Foam Smithing