Show me your weaponz!!

Making Weapons and Shields

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Postby apollyon » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:38 am

Sleeper2006 wrote:Awe, so you lopps are jealous? Always some idiot who likes to criticize and shyt, you people make the sport unfriendly to newcomers, but oh well, * are all *...

SECOND....

Why are there some realy nast kids on here....i wont name names you know who you are but it seems like no matter what each reply is a personal attack on the person...look were all here to have fun laugh and possible break an arm..could we just calm it down a bit...someone ought to make topic and have a vote on if we should just kick out the retarded angry old women on here...by angry old women usually it means 16 yr old boys...anyways thats my two cents lets be a little more friendly guys geees....
"when you get to heaven it won't matter what you looked like, but who you looked like." let it marinate you'll get it!!
apollyon
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Squire Moxk » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:23 am

how are you going to kick someone out of the foam smithing forum?

oh well sooner or later everyone realizes that the huge reds are not efective. ill just let you guys figure that out on your own.
well mayby sleeper wont.

and btw im not an old retarded woman or 16. I'm 20 years old and i've been in this sport for 5 years
Squire Moxk
Thug
Thug

Started Fighting: 0- 4-2001
Realm: Dunharrow
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword/Round

Postby Lister » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:17 am

moxk wrote:oh well sooner or later everyone realizes that the huge reds are not efective. ill just let you guys figure that out on your own. well mayby sleeper wont.

moxk wrote:Last time I checked you get smoked at realm practices. A lot.

Ok.... You think huge reds are pointless for various reasons. But, here's my question - If huge reds are so very easy to beat, what the hell do you care if they like to use them?? You have a different opinion than they do.
So what? If your want you opinion to be respected by anyone else you really should stop trying to force it on them. So he likes big reds and you don't, big deal. Just chock it up to personal preference and move on. Bele is a great game, but that's the point, its a game! So you play your way and let him play his.

P.S. Its not an age thing, it's a maturity thing.

*Edited for accuracy
Without discipline, an army is just a bunch of guys wearing the same color clothes. - Frank Burns
Lister
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Big King Jimmy » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:27 pm

Moxk's post wasn't about making fun of anyone. It was about lying.

Argyle (which is the fighting name of saghaoithai, I don't know why he uses that board name, and I can't spell it.) is a good person. I don't have any problem with him, and as far as I know Moxk doesn't either.

But he does NOT own our field, or anything of the like.

We're both just really tired of the * waiving conversation the foam smithing forum has become.

Just thought someones ego needed a public deflating. Argyle is a good guy, but a mediocre fighter. I like hanging out with him, but this was just getting rediculas. The giant red is his thing, and that's cool, but it's only holding him back.
King of Dunharrow
Commander of Clan of the Hydra
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 5-2001
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bat and Board, Archery, Spear

Postby jessecrouch » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:28 pm

so uh.. what happened to people actually posting pictures in this topic?

=)
jessecrouch
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Argyll » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:13 am

moxk wrote:
Salochstagh wrote:yes exactly. I developed the tennis ball method of counterweighting in my old boffer sport where weapons tended to be heavier. The easiest counterweight i could muster was pennies, and i couldnt get enough inside the pipe to sufficiently balance it. This sword was quite larger so it required multiple tennis balls secured in a triangle shape.

Salochstagh wrote: this weapons reign of terror ended recently when it exploded at the hilt. I plan on restoring it's glory soon.

Salochstagh wrote: it's heavier than fiberglass but almost necessary because if the weapon size.

Salochstagh wrote:blah blah blah my penis is so big you can see it for miles

Salochstagh wrote:blah blah blah my sword contains the strength of a single gorilla, who possesed the strength of 10 silver back gorillas.

Salochstagh wrote:Everytime I wield it reaffirms my dedication to red weapons, and I feel like a complete pansy any time I wield something smaller.

Salochstagh wrote:A solid hit from this one took Killian from dunharrow straight to the ground when he blocked it with his shield.

Salochstagh wrote:No single blue could ever block or parry a full on swing from this one. Many a graceful fighter's blood stained the blade of this savage **** sword of doom.

Last time I checked you get smoked at realm practices. A lot.

yeah, i do. i have admitted i suck a lot previous. I am merely proud of the sword i've built and don't hesitate to brag about it. While i hold no hesitation to brag, i don't lie. It did knock a man down, it has gone through countless attempted blocks, i do feel like i'm letting down a commitment to red weapons when i use other weapons.

If you had been playing this game for only two months and you'd sucked the whole time, but was acknowledged for making a cool weapon by others, and had noticed it to be effective occasioanallyas it has, you would probably milk it for everything it's worth.

the comments about my huge penis were unessecary, but appreciated. thanks for noticing.

Moxk's post wasn't about making fun of anyone. It was about lying.

oh yeah, ther was no malicious sarcasm in that post whatsoever. i take offense that you say I lied. I did not **** lie, and do not **** lie, to anyone other than my parents who **** deserve it. Find a post where i lied and i will castrate myself before you.

I like red weapons. I knew when i started these games with year with Ragnarok that red weapons were not the norm. I could tell from the start 90% of fighters use shields and that it will be difficult to commit myself to wielding red weapons.

I made a red weapon for ragnarok. it's building was influenced by weapons i wielded in a different boffer group. What came of it was a large crosshilted sword with a large pommel.

At first i merely admired it's length and balance. I then found people to give me "props" for making a cool weapon. I suppose then i began to become proud of it.

I acknowlege the unorthodoxy of my weapon, and that much of my success with it was owed to the fact that most seasoned fighters don't encounter such a thing, but nontheless marginal success was met.

People asked me how i counterwieght my weapons and i tell them how and why...
yes exactly. I developed the tennis ball method of counterweighting in my old boffer sport where weapons tended to be heavier. The easiest counterweight i could muster was pennies, and i couldnt get enough inside the pipe to sufficiently balance it. This sword was quite larger so it required multiple tennis balls secured in a triangle shape.

...somehow i guess that makes me a jackass

I enjoy the role-playing aspect of this game. I flavor my wording often in text, which i suppose attributes to it's apparent boastfullness..

like when i say: "my swords reign of terror" i am literarily exaggerating the period from ragnarok to it's breaking in which i had a unique weapon which killed about 150 fighters.

The giant red is his thing, and that's cool, but it's only holding him back.

i have not practiced a day without picking up a shield and sword. it is more likely to say i fight half of the time that way, and take all tips given to me.

Medeival combat is my passion and I will play this game for a very long time. It would be much easier for me to fight sword and shield and do everything everyone else does, but i guess if nothing else this forum will motivate to not do so.

I fight with heavy weapons so when my edhellen sword comes i will be as trained as possible to use it. My unit will fight with red weapons as long as we are in existence, because it is of my opinion that this game needs flavor, and our unit can do that. If red weapons were stupid and pointless then they should not be in the BOW so that jackasses like me and my friends wont make them. We will practice and one day we won't suck and we will be grateful that we are skilled red-fighters and stand alone as the only all-red group in the game.
Keeper of the House O Raghailliagh
Tanaise of the West
Ard Laech of the Fianna

http://www.geddon.org/index.php/Argyle_III_Salochstagh
Argyll
Mercenary
Mercenary

Started Fighting: 15 Apr 2006
Realm: Reilltoch
Unit: House O Raghaillaigh of the Fianna
Favorite Fighting Styles: Red Sword
Sword and Board

Postby Black Cat » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:32 am

I fail to see what is so wrong with reds. I'd put down the bow for a while and use one myself if only I had one. That is assuming it has a stab-tip though. I find reds too limited in usage without one.

Cool weapon, BTW.
Aquilonian Cheshire Cat
Local Bakeneko
Black Cat of Ill Omen

We're all mad here! - The Cheshire Cat

The secret lies in Fandir's grasp.
Fandir? Thirteen.
Black Cat
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 20 May 2005
Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Untamed

Postby Big King Jimmy » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:57 am

Okay, your right, lying was way off.

However, what I meant, was that Moxk's post wasn't about making fun of you, so much as about giving your ego a shield check.

Just don't want you to become a keyboard cowboy is all. Your too cool for that egotistical crap.
King of Dunharrow
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Sleeper » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:29 am

****, it did not seem like he had a bad ego, we just like his sword! And giant reds are not completely useless, I have fought and killed two skilled shield men before, by myself with a giant red. Yes, it happens rarely, but it still happened. Think of it as more of a challenge, not only do you look cooler than a shield man, you must work extra hard to fight with one. Is this sport more about winning or is it more of having fun? I guess opinions differ here, I am here to have fun, **** winning.

lol, oh yes, you are a noob, and they expect you to be killing everybody in the field, this world is quite krazy. The conformists and their crowd following hate for giant reds, amazing. :roll:
BladeStorm Guard and Executioner
Lord of the Greatsword
Sleeper
Brute
Brute

Realm: Dur D
Unit: BladeStorm
Favorite Fighting Styles: Greatsword, nothing else.

Postby Spork » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:41 am

so uh.. what happened to people actually posting pictures in this topic?

=)

Working on it, almost have pictures finally found my camera today so I'll post some stuff after school.
A seal walks into a club.
Spork
Gladiator
Gladiator

Started Fighting: 06 Jan 2006
Unit: None.
Favorite Fighting Styles: Whatever is lying around.

Postby Peregrine » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:38 am

as an archer I say more reds please :devil:
something about polyvinylchloride leaching into the brain, causing slow reactions and high crossing. -Sir Beauregaurd-

Sir Peregrine the Paragon of Paladins
Thengel of Muxlovia.
Loyal brother in arms to Sir Beauregaurd

Clan of the Hydra
Peregrine
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Oct 2004
Realm: Muxlovia
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board
florentine
archery

Postby Olos » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:41 am

Peregrine wrote:as an archer I say more reds please :devil:

Eh, I'm more flexible. Just as happy with spears here :)
Brother of the Black Company!
Resident Dwelf.

HEIL o/

GOD WILLS IT!
Olos
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Peregrine » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:41 am

so true :D
something about polyvinylchloride leaching into the brain, causing slow reactions and high crossing. -Sir Beauregaurd-

Thengel of Muxlovia.

Clan of the Hydra
Peregrine
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

florentine
archery

Postby Olos » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:46 am

it's kinda funny though, because one of my favorite things to do when not arching is pick up a glaive :)
Resident Dwelf.

HEIL o/

GOD WILLS IT!
Olos
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Wumpus » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:17 pm

You know, one of my favorite activities on the field is the archer chase. I'd say 8/10 times I'll disable a bow if not kill the archer outright. :devil:

Fun times.

And for the record, I prefer to use red weapons.
AKA Senor Apple Empanada of the Cinco Sombrero Squad.

Keep answers like mini skirts; short to keep it interesting, but long enough to cover the subject.

Ph34r 73h 5p47u14
Wumpus
Brute
Brute

Location: The Zone Where Normal Things Don't Happen (Very Often)

Postby Peregrine » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:23 pm

Wumpus wrote:
You know, one of my favorite activities on the field is the archer chase. I'd say 8/10 times I'll disable a bow if not kill the archer outright. :devil:

Fun times.

And for the record, I prefer to use red weapons.

if you can get through the Iron Crown shield wall more power to you. :devil:

Thengel of Muxlovia.

Clan of the Hydra
Peregrine
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

florentine
archery

Postby Olos » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:33 pm

I carry a sword and shield when i arch, if someone runs at me, i usually drop the bow and melee it out, gotten some pretty nice kills like that when people aren't expecting it.
Resident Dwelf.

HEIL o/

GOD WILLS IT!
Olos
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Spork » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:35 pm

Finally got some pics, but I haven't finished the last of my rocks, so I'll post this later.

My really old punch shield (Sled core, don't know why it doesn't look round.):

My baby rattle mace (Perfectly weighted):

Front of Smog Shield with Egyptian Sword:

Back of the Smog Shield:

My two favorite weapons (Flail chain needs fixed):

No offense to Knights:

Perfect weapon for new people:
Spork
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Sleeper » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:20 pm

lol, love that one... "The Loaner"
Lord of the Greatsword
Sleeper
Brute
Brute

Postby savetuba » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:40 pm

Spork wrote:My really old punch shield (Sled core)...

How do you prevent it from tacoing?
savetuba
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 4-2003
Realm: Aberdeen Militia

Postby Dabbanoth » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:41 pm

some sleds are more rigid than others
God Squad
Bill Collector.
Expose-A-Fraud Squad.
Dabbanoth
The Smoking Gun

Started Fighting: 09 Aug 2057
Realm: Rugged
Unit: Divine Guardian of the Laser Kingdom
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bic.

Postby savetuba » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:44 pm

no really, I bought the sled and I could bairly make it taco. 4 months later I can bend it in half.
savetuba
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Dabbanoth » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:50 pm

you live in Arizona, they dont MAKE good sleds there...
God Squad
Bill Collector.
Expose-A-Fraud Squad.
Dabbanoth
The Smoking Gun

Postby savetuba » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:55 pm

hmmm you may have a point there...
savetuba
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Spork » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:03 pm

It tacoed, but I have PVC reinforcing it.

It's quite the old sled, I have a bar that runs down the middle (Punch handle) then crossbars. It isn't very heavy and it barely gets used, because I have a Heater strap now... that covers almost my whole body... :D
Spork
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Wumpus » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:50 pm

Well my * has increased in the last couple of months, so I guess I'll post some pics.

Here's a shot of my full range of weapons. You may notice the image of the Almighty Spatula on the blade of the ten foot Zanbatou. Also you see all 8 of my rocks (6 blue, 2 brown).

Here are my twin 38" dual core blue swords:

Twin butter knives (23"):

One of my blue rocks (among the first I made, they are all about the same size and made with the same material.

One of my brown rocks, made from a worn out t shirt and obviously much llarger than a blue rock.

Each of my swords have a "W" on the pommel as a way of identifying them as mine. two blue rocks also have "W"s on them. All swords are fiberglass core and rocks are foam and cloth (no tape).

Keep answers like mini skirts; short to keep it interesting, but long enough to cover the subject.

Ph34r 73h 5p47u14
Wumpus
Brute
Brute

Postby Argyll » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:02 pm

i like brown rocks. I always wanted to fashion some sort of rock bag to hang on the inside of my kilt, so during battle i can reach up between my legs, remove a huge brown **** rock, and throw it at someone's head.

here's some o'reilly weapons:

Keeper of the House O Raghailliagh
Tanaise of the West
Ard Laech of the Fianna

http://www.geddon.org/index.php/Argyle_III_Salochstagh
Argyll
Mercenary
Mercenary

Started Fighting: 15 Apr 2006
Realm: Reilltoch
Unit: House O Raghaillaigh of the Fianna
Favorite Fighting Styles: Red Sword
Sword and Board

Postby jessecrouch » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:00 pm

Spork: I really like that black and orange club you have. Does that have a stabby tip? how many layers (and of what) are around the head? How long/heavy is it?
jessecrouch
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Sleeper » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:49 am

There he is, The Mighty Ten footer, * I wish I could have a core as long as that, then I too would have an obnoxiously huge red, just to make the crowd followers mad! haha!! :devil:
Lord of the Greatsword
Sleeper
Brute
Brute

Postby Wumpus » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:29 pm

Well, Sleeper, if you're ever in the Ogden, Utah area, I can point you to a great place that will almost certainly have an identical core in stock. It cost me about $15 with tax.

Ph34r 73h 5p47u14
Wumpus
Brute
Brute

Postby Sleeper » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:58 pm

Utah huh? Havent been there in years. What store is it? Mabye they have one over here.
Lord of the Greatsword
Sleeper
Brute
Brute

Postby Wumpus » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:58 pm

It's called Grating Systems, and according to them they are the only fiberglass store in a 3 state radius of utah. It wouldn't hurt to check tho.

Ph34r 73h 5p47u14
Wumpus
Brute
Brute

Postby Sleeper » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:47 pm

Thanks homez, if I find this store, I will make another monster, though I think not quite as big, but just as ridiculous! And that isn't the half of it, it shall be my primary weapon! YOU READ THAT EVER Body!!! ...better..
Lord of the Greatsword
Sleeper
Brute
Brute

Postby savetuba » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:58 pm

Wumpus wrote:It's called Grating Systems, and according to them they are the only fiberglass store in a 3 state radius of utah. It wouldn't hurt to check tho.

Grating Systems Inc.
P.O. Box 390
192 W. 20th Street
Ogden, Utah 84402

I checked thier entire site and they are only located at the above address. :( no 11 foot glaive for me.
savetuba
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Wumpus » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:34 am

Another thing for anyone who has a desire to get fiberglass from grating systems, the smallest diameter rod that they stock that is square is 1". all diameters under 1" are round.

Ph34r 73h 5p47u14
Wumpus
Brute
Brute

Postby Sleeper » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:51 am

So Wumpus, if I were to get, say, a half incher, would it pass the flex test if it were a 7 foot sword? I must know, I am looking to build a red that has range and speed wrapped in one, and seeing as you made a ten footer, you must know its flex limit. And, how bad is the wear and tear on it, my swords are quite wide, like yours, but they break down after two or three months of fighting and I have to repad them. Yours still looks intact.
Lord of the Greatsword
Sleeper
Brute
Brute

Postby Wumpus » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:25 am

Sleeper2006 wrote:So Wumpus, if I were to get, say, a half incher, would it pass the flex test if it were a 7 foot sword? I must know, I am looking to build a red that has range and speed wrapped in one, and seeing as you made a ten footer, you must know its flex limit. And, how bad is the wear and tear on it, my swords are quite wide, like yours, but they break down after two or three months of fighting and I have to repad them. Yours still looks intact.
Ok, first off I've never used 1/2 in diameter core so I wouldn't know. My guess is that it would work, but you'd end up cutting it close with flex. personally, I think if I were going any more than 6 ft, I wouldn't settle for anything less than 3/4 in, especially if it were round core. That would at least have a very good chance of passing flex.

For what it's worth, the ten ft sword has next to no flex. The most I can get out of it is when I swing full on at a tree I get about 10, maybe 15 degrees of flex

The wear and tear on the Zanbatou is still pretty minimal, but you have to remember that A) it gets to MAYBE two practices per month, sometimes less, sometimes more; 2) The * thing is built super solid, with 7 (SEVEN!!!11shifty1!) layers of blue foam, 2 layers of 1 inch thick open cell and 5 (FIVE!!!) cans of dap. In other words, it isn't coming apart easily; and Q) I don't do stupid things with my stuff. I take pride in my work, and so I take good care of it. I'm not saying you do stupid things with your stuff (I don't know how you treat your stuff), I'm just saying that taking good care of your things will make them last longer.

Ph34r 73h 5p47u14
Wumpus
Brute
Brute

Postby Big King Jimmy » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:51 am

Wumpus wrote:swing full on at a tree

Wumpus wrote:taking good care of your things

I know it's to test flex, and maybe break it in, but in the end I felt comicly compelled to point out that those to statements were so close to eachother.
King of Dunharrow
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Sleeper » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:35 am

Well, I've noticed that certain peoples won't take my red hits. They seem to want me to smash the **** of their shields with my sword, so yeah, my swords take a pounding.
Lord of the Greatsword
Sleeper
Brute
Brute

Postby Squire Moxk » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:40 am

heres all my stuff

all my wepons

my armor
Squire Moxk
Thug
Thug

Postby Teej » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:12 pm

* moxk has quite a collection, love that club dude.
Teej
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Dec 2005
Unit: Rogues of Gorewood
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear

Postby Wumpus » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:39 pm

Was that a rock made to look like a shrunken head in the second pic? If so, it's kick *!

Ph34r 73h 5p47u14
Wumpus
Brute
Brute

Postby Squire Moxk » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:11 pm

ya it is suposed tio be a srunken head.

and the grey square rock next to it says holy bible on it
Squire Moxk
Thug
Thug

Postby Pierce » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:35 am

thats great, smite them with the word of god.
Western Uruk-Hai Ravenger
(\_/)
(ಠ_ಠ)
(> <)
My bunny is better than your bunny.
Its octopi you jackass.
Pierce
Berserker
Berserker

Started Fighting: 06 Mar 2004
Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: western Uruk-Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: GIMME A WEAPON!

Postby Dabbanoth » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:46 am

moxk wrote:ya it is suposed tio be a srunken head.

and the grey square rock next to it says holy bible on it

a new person in our realm a few weeks ago brought a tellytubby head that passed
God Squad
Bill Collector.
Expose-A-Fraud Squad.
Dabbanoth
The Smoking Gun

Postby Wumpus » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:00 am

Dagganoth wrote:a new person in our realm a few weeks ago brought a tellytubby head that passed
Was it a bloody, severed tellytubby head, or more of a child friendly head that looked like it never had a body in the first place?

Ph34r 73h 5p47u14
Wumpus
Brute
Brute

Postby Dabbanoth » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:42 pm

bloody and severed, he didnt even know it passed as a rock until i grabbed at them (there was also a rabbit) and was amazed
God Squad
Bill Collector.
Expose-A-Fraud Squad.
Dabbanoth
The Smoking Gun

Postby Dabbanoth » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:45 pm

oh **** yeah!!!
God Squad
Bill Collector.
Expose-A-Fraud Squad.
Dabbanoth
The Smoking Gun

Postby Faolan » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:45 am

That looks really bad.....

Socks and duct tape. I'm impressed.

Remember kids don't use socks and duct tape to cover you weapons.

Knowing is half the battle!
Official Foamsmith of Khatovar
Faolan
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Dabbanoth » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:34 am

its not socks, its yellow fabric+bright light+bad camera, ive already fixed the duct taped handle, and im doing the rest of it today
God Squad
Bill Collector.
Expose-A-Fraud Squad.
Dabbanoth
The Smoking Gun

PreviousNext

Return to Foam Smithing